Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Volunteer Police Force
Although this idea is pretty cool, I just don't think it would work well on a server like LVP. This sounds too much like a Roleplay server or Crazybobs Cops N Robbers. If you want to be a policeman, go do it there.

And about cops not being in a gang, well you can always have corrupt cops.  :)
let me be cop.

For 250k$ i jail anyone. Just PM me ingame.
Don't reallly like it, way too much RP.
(05-09-2009, 11:53 AM)Hitman link Wrote: For 250k$ i jail anyone. Just PM me ingame.

You must have valid reasons for jailing players. Example; speeding, killing, flaming(?), etc. :+
Also, you have to be within a certain range of the player you wish to jail. :)
(05-09-2009, 12:04 PM)Matthias link Wrote: Don't reallly like it, way too much RP.

not everyone is a DM player you know :+

anyway, I like the idea, but I'm not really sure it'll work as planned D:
I hope it does, though :+
Nice idea, is a cool one, just it might be hard for some people to follow...
I see the speed limit is not too popular - the point of having that would be to get some nice chases (any decent sports car and decent driver could escape from a police cruiser), but perhaps it's better to stick to just killing (and drunk driving). More ideas of good crimes to jail/fine people for is very welcome!

I think it seems reasonable to compromize and let the players who get jailed keep their money, weapons, etc. Having a jailtime of 30 seconds is probably good - if it would be more (f.e 2 minutes), people might start nagging to get the feature removed, whereas 30 seconds is more or less just a shorter break from fighting.

As someone mentioned, a police chat would be handy, where the officers could talk to each other and reports and notices could show up.

I would also like to hear your opinions on the idea of a /911 command where players could report just about anything - from crimes to them needing some kind of help. As Joe mentioned, if police officers have time, they could be an excellent help for new players needing to get to the ship, the bank etc without having to pay for a taxi. Maybe that's not an emergency you would call /911 for, but you get the point...

tbh I think LVP is already too carebearish and dm unfriendly. and i think its controlled enough too. this idea would only make it more so and that would be a bad thing imo.
I just love this idea! But i think the Developers should try to fix the lagg/warp on LVP first. And finish all the bad things with LVP, before 'maby' creating this. Let's see what the managements and Developers says to this
* Mafo Pokes the managements people and Developers.
(05-09-2009, 06:51 PM)Mafo link Wrote: I just love this idea! But i think the Developers should try to fix the lagg/warp on LVP first. And finish all the bad things with LVP, before 'maby' creating this. Let's see what the managements and Developers says to this
* Mafo Pokes the managements people and Developers.

Being the latter of those, I can tell you that it's the players opinions that are of interest at the moment.