Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Volunteer Police Force
(05-08-2009, 10:41 PM)FarePak link Wrote: If this were to happen i'd change the jail area to the actual jail instead of that island, since it'd be stupid if you'd be taken to that island and cells are more colorful.

I agree with FarePak. Getting sent to cells provides for a much more real feeling.

I also ike the the drunk driver possibility, would be fun.
Seems like a fair idea, however police officers will have to not be gang members in my opinion, in order to keep it as un-abused as possible - do you see any LA Bloods in a police cruiser?  8)7

Edit: In a police cruiser in the front seat, of course.
Agreed @ tomozj, with the exception of crew members.
(05-08-2009, 10:50 PM)tomozj link Wrote: Seems like a fair idea, however police officers will have to not be gang members in my opinion, in order to keep it as un-abused as possible - do you see any LA Bloods in a police cruiser?  8)7

Edit: In a police cruiser in the front seat, of course.

Suge Knight
Also, FarePak, with the mention of the speed limit, I'd like to clarify. To begin with, a cop would have to drive to the scene and type a command, but, by the time he does this, they'd realize that it's a cruise and ignore it, because cruises have special status on LVP.
i think it sounds like a cool idea. Allthough, would be really annoying if they took your guns away, so you have to /kill or ask for a fix, or w/e. Also agree on cells instead of island.
I love this idea. I guess it could cause conflict to those DMers who aren't cops, but I believe I have a solution which could calm those certain players down.

After the player is released from jail, they're teleported back to their previous position, with the same amount of health/armour/weapons as before. I know how annoying it is to be jailed for something irrelevant, then having to commit suicide to regain my weapons. :) Got some questions, now:

How would a player become a cop if he wanted to?
Would the player have to (for example) /coplogin to use the cop commands?

On behalf of myself,
Phyc0 :)

Well, in my opinion, they'd have to go the police station (after they're made a cop by an administrator) and enter the "cop only zone" in which they would (perhaps /coplogin) and receive body armor and the right to enter cop cars. Then, they'd have to follow all of the other guidelines for arrest, etc.
Only sheriffs can /givecop? Or all administrators/moderators?

Another few ideas I've had:

✭ Once the player has been established as a decent cop (confirmed by a sheriffs) they can /coplogin, and will be presented with the player class screen to choose only a police skin.

✭ If a cop wants to go off-duty they can /coplogout, and their skin reset.

✭ COP chat. Much like the admin chat, where all cops will receive messages based on other players activity (Example: * COP Joe has jailed Lithirm[HC4L].). ;)

Great ideas, and the only "sheriffs" will be crew member, so that it doesn't get out of hand, and for abuse preventions. Also, Cop chat is a great idea, and it should also echo back to admins as well.