Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
(03-27-2011, 05:13 PM)Daniel link Wrote: Post in what you believe and why, you can also post why you don't believe in *God*

il start, i think there is a creator who is watching us but at the other hand i don't believe in Heaven or Hell or jezus, i think it's all an illusion used to control people years ago and still is going on.

And you should check out this video : De Illuminati Part 9 (Jezus & Horus). Prod By MrKilluminati

- Please understand that this is a sensitive topic to discuss. There was another religion topic before which got locked due to flaming. Only reply to this topic if you want to take part in the discussion in a serious and mature manner. Any comments that show the slightest sign of disrespect, flaming, trolling will be deleted and the poster will receive a 2-week forum mute.

-There also gonna be fun discussions
For people who also were interested in seeing the full version of the youtube clip:
http://dump.wlproxy.nl/Zeitgeist.avi best to rightclick -> save as

Also includes part II and III of the movie, which are quite interesting too.
(03-27-2011, 08:48 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: biggest danger? atheist keep to themselves, they dont blow themselves or other shit up for example.
u believe and follows everything that the koran says?
It's what the media wants you to think. Just like Hitler spreading racism towards Jews and discriminating them, does it mean that Jews were the devil just like Hitler said?

All i can say about religion is its a matter of choice.
(03-28-2011, 01:56 AM)Sean3 link Wrote: All i can say about religion is its a matter of choice.
+1 :) I believe in what I think. Heaven and Hell exist in some form but as for going to a church and preying etc i dont see the point we all gonna die we all commit sins whether we like it or not so we aint a perfect race we are far from it  :)
(03-27-2011, 07:06 PM)MaZ link Wrote: i agree with you on that part, tho there were several other religions decades before the medieval times

That's true, but mine was just an exhample :) christianity had his origins when the roman empire passed from being the world's first republic to a totalitarian monarchy again, the protestant church was born from people's miscontent about the christian church's abuses towards the population (indulgences, excessive taxes, etc) and so on. People need to feel safe, especially in moments of deep crisis (just like the exhamples I posted, I'm pretty sure I could find some more if I got to know the historical periods which gave birth to the other religions).

I don't feel like worshipping a god, even if I believe in a "beginning of the universe" (which I don't feel like calling god, it could have been an hyper-concentrated molecule like the big bang theory says), but I respect every religion and the ones who believe in god... as long as they don't annoy me/try to convert me/try to change my mind/blow me up :D
(03-28-2011, 01:56 AM)Sean3 link Wrote: It's what the media wants you to think. Just like Hitler spreading racism towards Jews and discriminating them, does it mean that Jews were the devil just like Hitler said?

no it's not what the media wants me to think, actually our media here is far far from talking about religion, they are convinced that religion = terrorism.
what I meant by 'biggest danger' is that more people are becoming atheists, and when they become atheists they block their minds from believing in any other religion.

Quote:All i can say about religion is its a matter of choice.

Yes a matter of choice, the trickiest choice that could ever be taken :+
(03-28-2011, 11:45 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: Yes a matter of choice, the trickiest choice that could ever be taken :+
It's definitely hard to choose from all the hundreds of religions in the world.
Let people believe what they want, and reward or punish actions accordingly.
If someone helps an old lady cross the road and they're atheist, great, give them a pat on the back. If someone helps an old lady cross the road because they want to be nice and get into heaven, great, give them a pat on the back.
If somebody blows up a car because they're pissed off at the government, throw them in prison. If somebody blows up a car because that's what they feel their god wants them to do, throw them in prison. It's not that difficult.

I constantly hear people believing in 9/11 conspiracy theories, "man didn't land on the moon," "greasy food gives you acne," "steroids make your muscles bigger, not stronger" and a ton of other fucking stupid crap, so why should I talk shit on believers? I am a bit sympathetic to believers seeing as I was raised as a Catholic, though I'd consider myself a bit of a 'paper christian' right now, practically an inactive (or whatever the term is) atheist.
I used to talk shit on Mormons years ago, and someone on youtube would say "how is that any more ridiculous than Christianity?" That made me realise my hypocrisy, and while I still think Mormonism is pretty stupid and the founders of Christianity put a lot more work into their religion, it is the same ballpark.
I draw the line at any religion where you are forced to do things, especially pay, to be a member, such as Scientology. I'll talk as much shit on Scientologists as I like until they stop charging people money, and then I'll continue.
(03-28-2011, 02:05 PM)durrrr link Wrote: It's definitely hard to choose from all the hundreds of religions in the world.

Not hard at all
(03-27-2011, 11:23 PM)WLproxy link Wrote: For people who also were interested in seeing the full version of the youtube clip:
http://dump.wlproxy.nl/Zeitgeist.avi best to rightclick -> save as

Also includes part II and III of the movie, which are quite interesting too.

I think everyone should watch Zeitgeist alteast the intro :Y)
(03-28-2011, 03:52 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: Not hard at all
For sure it's not hard for those who have been raised in a religion family and have faith knocked in their heads.