Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
(03-27-2011, 05:56 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: whats the point of this topic, ppl just repeating themselves

Since you made one topic about it once  http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=27203.0  you should know the point of the topic.
I can't say for 100% that there is a God and I can't say for 100% that there isn't one. There are no SOLID evidence that he exists so there's no point of really bringing up evidence that there isn't one.
And what I mean by saying solid evidence, is that the evidence has no weak spots, just undeniable.
Religion = mass control system which got his origins in dark ages (such as medieval times) to let the clergy be able to steal people's money/make them work as slaves/make them do whatever you ask them to under the threat of an avenged almighty god. This system still works quite good today

just my 2 cents
(03-27-2011, 06:09 PM)Gaahl link Wrote: Religion = mass control system which got his origins in dark ages (such as medieval times) to let the clergy be able to steal people's money/make them work as slaves/make them do whatever you ask them to under the threat of an avenged almighty god. This system still works quite good today

just my 2 cents

religion is the opiate of the masses, anyone? :+
(03-27-2011, 06:09 PM)Gaahl link Wrote: Religion = mass control system which got his origins in dark ages (such as medieval times) to let the clergy be able to steal people's money/make them work as slaves/make them do whatever you ask them to under the threat of an avenged almighty god. This system still works quite good today

just my 2 cents
i agree with you on that part, tho there were several other religions decades before the medieval times
So, okey Religion is because of power & money but it also makes people feel save thats the good thing about it.
(03-27-2011, 07:07 PM)Daniel link Wrote: So, okey Religion is because of power & money but it also makes people feel save thats the good thing about it.

I don't think it makes them feel safe, I think it makes them feel scared and think they feel safe, but I could be wrong...
Ppl believe in a God to have something to believe in, it makes them feel "safe" and that someone is taking care of them in this cruel cruel world
I dont believe in God and I am very thankfull i was never raised to believe in one
Also I dont mind ppl believing in God or santa or w/e, I mind those that are violent because of religion
Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg380248#msg380248 date=1301251313]
I dont mind ppl believing in God or santa or w/e, I mind those that are violent because of religion
Same here. Especially the underlined part.
The biggest danger on religion IMO is that most of Christians when they hear that their religion is false and quit it, they immediately assume that other religions (like Islam) are the same as Christianity, so they become atheists and totally deny the existence of God as they want to disbelieve anything that the Bible says, well let me send a message to all atheists in this forum who happen to be ex-Christians, If it turned out that Christianity is false, research Islam, know more about Islam from Islamic sites, not Islamophobic sites who spread false thoughts about Islam.

For me I don't really care if other people disbelieve in God, as long as it doesn't affect us.