Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Extreme Metal
Here's a thread that I know NateR, HaZe, and Carcass will like.

Here is a one of the many bands I grew up listening to and had the pleasure of seeing in concert at the Trocadero Theatre in Philadelphia, PA on Dani (Filth) Davey's birthday about 7 years ago. I got to meet Gian, which was the guitarist for this and other albums.

Cradle of Filth - Twisted Nails of Faith

Yet another band I saw at the Trocadero Theatre. I shook George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher's hand after that show. He's an awesome guy.

Cannibal Corpse - Sentenced to Burn

I met these guys in Wilkes Barre PA. I talked to the singer for about 2 hours before the show and then got a CD autographed by the whole band. They are really down to earth guys and kick major ass! We all went nuts when they played these two songs.

Dying Fetus - Epidemic of Hate

Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition

Other bands I saw at The Troc were Lamb of God (before they were big), Dimmu Borgir w/ Nick Barker on the drums, Deicide, God Forbid, and some others I can't think of right now.
You should never start a Black Metal thread with Cradle of Filth.
(04-14-2010, 05:13 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: You should never start a Black Metal thread with Cradle of Filth.
Rofl _O- ye they aint all that brutal but this topic is FTW <3 :D
I love all brutal stuff i have alot but not enough hehe :) Im jealous u got to shake Corpsegrinders hand :( i wanna :P my mate likes alot of music i do but thinks cannibal corpse are shit but im like HELL NO they kick ass glad sumone likes them becides me :D  O+
Yeah I agree, CoF is shit now. But they were the shit in the old days. Show some love for good old music. Plus that album is one I still listen to. Don't hate :P
ye it kicks ass fo sure ;) ive got a couple new songs of theirs not very keen on them  8)7
I don't have a problem loving good old music, that's why I listen to Iron Maiden, Priest and Sabbath. If you want good quality oldschool (ie first wave Norwegian) black metal, go to bands/artists like Bathory or some Emperor, Darkthrone etc
Was never really a big black metal fan anyway. But if it's good I'll listen to it. You should contribute to this post and reply with some links to music. Give us a wider view on black metal. :)
Behemoth <--- is Blackend Death Metal :) i have all there stuff imo there pretty wicked
(04-14-2010, 09:30 PM)Harry link Wrote: Was never really a big black metal fan anyway. But if it's good I'll listen to it. You should contribute to this post and reply with some links to music. Give us a wider view on black metal. :)

I'm not a big black metal guy anyway.
Change the thread title to Extreme Metal, incase there are many black, thrash and doom metalheads here, and maybe I'll open up a prog/power one.
The genres I'm most interested in would be prog, power, (prog/power), melodic death, folk, symphonic and so forth.

(04-15-2010, 09:47 AM)Nater link Wrote: Behemoth <--- is Blackend Death Metal :) i have all there stuff imo there pretty wicked

What, like this?
Lady Gaga vs Behemoth - Ov Fire And Bad Romance

I'll take it you didn't see them last night?
I wouldn't see them even if they were headlining (not because I disrespect them, I'm just not into them), but supporting Job for a Cowboy is a real shame.
Sure I'll changed the topic to "Extreme Metal" The problem I had growing up listening to heavy shit like this is, there are so many "useless names" that people would give the music. It sounds like Death Metal and they call it Death/Grind Core. That always pissed me off. But Extreme Metal seems to fit what I want out of this topic.

That song was completely ruined by that cunt Gaga. Otherwise sounds awesome.
Morbid Angel is another band I forgot about that played at The Troc that we saw.

My older brother and I used to listen to this song on the way to school everyday.

Morbid Angel -Summoning Redemption