Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Extreme Metal
(05-17-2010, 03:45 PM)Carcass link Wrote: yes because extreme metal is anything death metal, black metal, doom metal and thrash metal

Carcass from all those songs the only one I'm familiar with is Bleed, but from the 1-2 Norther and Origin pieces I've heard I like them, so I'll give those songs a listen.
1349 - Sculptor of Flesh: 1349 - Sculptor of Flesh
Deicide - Homage of Satan: Deicide 'Homage for Satan'
Dunno what u guys think of Devildriver but i dont mind them :).
Devildriver - Swinging the Dead: DevilDriver - Swinging The Dead
Cannibal Corpse - No Remorse (Metallica Cover sounds aight): Cannibal Corpse - No Remorse (metallica cover)
Cannibal Corpse - A Skull Full of Maggots: Cannibal Corpse - A Skull Full of Maggots

I got heaps more butjust post few at a time :) enjoi.
Dark Tranquillity / Out Of Nothing

DeadLock - Code Of Honor (Wolves 2007)

Sleep Terror - Probing Tranquility

Spawn of Possession - Inner Conflict

y0 maddolis have u heard of Mount Bloodkill? there from VIC imo there wicked
Just got back from my mates bands gig Summer of Betrayel was fucking wicked as  >:)  O+
Hey you lot! I got a question for the genreheads on here.
I'm not too updated on metal genres so I'll just throw it out.
There's this tune on Pendulum's latest album that is produced together with In Flames.

» listening "Pendulum - Self Vs Self (feat In Flames)"

Pendulum - Self vs. Self (ft. In Flames) | Immersion | Album version [HQ]

What genre would this be? Also, if I'm in the wrong thread (which I probably am) then I'll just remove it.
You don't have to remove it.

Basically it's the typical DnB/electronic stuff from Pendulum with added highly distorted guitars and harsh vocals, so it is in a way Industrial/melodic death, though the chorus (which I hate) sounds very Hiphop/metalcoreish.
Personally I don't think harsh vocals alone make something extreme metal, and that song is probably what it says to be- DnB/electronic featuring a melodic death metal band- and I'm sure elitists wouldn't call it extreme metal but, despite me not liking it, it's probably close enough.
hahaha nice thread !!!!
cradle aint too bad ! they are fine.
but nater knows this shit :D
im only into slipknot and limp bizkit godsmack etc.
indeed Frizzle but there in the other metal topic we gots this is ur brutal as music :)
(05-26-2010, 06:01 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: You don't have to remove it.

Basically it's the typical DnB/electronic stuff from Pendulum with added highly distorted guitars and harsh vocals, so it is in a way Industrial/melodic death, though the chorus (which I hate) sounds very Hiphop/metalcoreish.
Personally I don't think harsh vocals alone make something extreme metal, and that song is probably what it says to be- DnB/electronic featuring a melodic death metal band- and I'm sure elitists wouldn't call it extreme metal but, despite me not liking it, it's probably close enough.

Alright, thanks for the comment. :)