Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Extreme Metal
Melodic Death Metal:
Amon Amarth
Amon Amarth - Cry Of The Black Birds

In Flames
In Flames - Jester Script Transfigured

Skyfire (very keyboard driven, with a power metal influence and vocals closer to black metal)
Skyfire - 07. Dimensions Unseen (Timeless Departure)

Strapping Young Lad
Strapping Young Lad - Wrong Side
yeeee Amon Amarth FTW :D :) i got all there stuff to :P, But is Love Metal consided a real genre? ive only heard HIM doing it /me googles it*

According to google no :+ only came up with HIM
It's not a real genre.
(04-17-2010, 08:02 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: It's not a real genre.
Indeed :) the term came from HIM's album mainly :P Love Metal is album and ppl call it a genre from dat :S

EDIT!!!: Skills is currentley muted but asked me to post for him --- He likes American MetalĀ  ;)
(04-17-2010, 05:50 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Melodic Death Metal:
Amon Amarth
Amon Amarth - Cry Of The Black Birds
Kalmah - Hades
love this song
(04-18-2010, 11:19 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Kalmah - Hades
love this song

Nice man, Kalmah are excellent.
I believe they're playing in the UK soon (in a month or two), with one of my favourite bands- Kiuas, supporting them. If anyone here lives in the UK and appreciates quality metal, they really, really should catch this gig.

Better add some more, I guess:

Emperor - With Strength I Burn

Off my favourite Black Metal album.

Drudkh - Only The Wind Remembers My Name
Drudkh are excellent.
Some songs I still love, even tho I got a little bit bored of this genre.

1349 - Riders of the Apocalypse

Burzum - Dunkelheit

Shining - Claws of Perdition Video

Mayhem-Freezing Moon(Studio Version)
In Flames - Wayfaerer

Got the In Flames album, The Jester Race, pretty good
The Jester Race is often hailed to be In Flames' best album (and was a breakthrough in the melodic death metal scene with the other two major Gothenburg-melodeath bands' albums; Dark Tranquility's The Gallery and At The Gates' Slaughter of the Soul), though my personal favourite is Whoracle (often said to be their best or second best as well- at least one of their 4 strong albums).

On the topic of Extreme Metal, I went to a Psycroptic gig yesterday night and it was absolutely excellent- a remote venue and thus only 150-250 people, but the crowd warmed up quickly and the performance was excellent. There's good reason that they're Australia's number 1 extreme metal band.
Hey Maddo u should come to the Espi Hotel next sunday for Summer of Betrayel :) they paky Hardcore band there kewl imo :) look them up on Myspace