Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Extreme Metal
They sound like a terrible scenester metalcore/deathcore band, I'm staying far away.
(05-17-2010, 03:40 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: They sound like a terrible scenester metalcore/deathcore band, I'm staying far away.
Awww :( theirs gonna be others too not sure who tho
So many forms of metal, bands even got to the point they make up there own style of metal just to sound unique, You got metal, Death metal, Soft metal, black metal, heavy metal, Christan metal (wtf?), doom metal, gothic metal, copper metal, steel metal, zinc, gold, silver, ect....

Seriously it all sounds like fast ass guitar and words you can't understand without reading the lyrics anyways :')
Harry please feel obliged to delete the above post.
Acid Bath - Tranquilized
Hailing from my state of Louisiana  8)
they experimented with death metal but overall they're a sludge metal band

Mastodon is also one of my favorite sludge metal bands:
MASTODON - "Seabeast"

And as for melodic death metal:
Carcass - Heartwork
This CD was a huge influence on the development of melodic death metal. Gothenburg bands added more melodic riffs and such making melodic death metal what it is today
Yeah Carcass basically spawned it, the Gothenburg trio basically took it and made it popular (as Carcass went a different direction).
Some of my other fav songs
Daylight Dies - All We Had
NORTHER-Everything
Torchbearer - Burial Waters, Deepsome Graves
SUFFOCATION - "Abomination Reborn"
PIG DESTROYER - "Loathsome"
Meshuggah - Bleed
Gojira - From the Sky
Cynic - Integral Birth
ORIGIN - "Finite"
Necrophagist- Stabwound
Soilent Green - "Leaves of Three"
Melvins - "The Talking Horse"
Hey Maddo or Carcass would u consider 1349 and Deicide "extreme metal" if so ill post some of my favs  O+
(05-17-2010, 03:39 PM)Nater link Wrote: Hey Maddo or Carcass would u consider 1349 and Deicide "extreme metal" if so ill post some of my favs  O+
yes because extreme metal is anything death metal, black metal, doom metal and thrash metal
(05-17-2010, 03:45 PM)Carcass link Wrote: yes because extreme metal is anything death metal, black metal, doom metal and thrash metal
Sweeet :) love it, i'll post some 2moz :) im goin to bed :P