Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] The cost of using commands
Dayum Hooger, you really got the admins in a debate now!  _O-

I personally think that /taxi, /dive, /ctp and /tp should all stay. However I don't think you should be allowed to use /ctp and /tp and /taxi if you are low on health. You should be allowed to use /dive (even if your low on health) because you can easily sniper/m4 them.
The cost of the commands should be increased, but I think the time limit is fine as it is.  :)

vote for lock.
LISTEN ALL PLEASE:

/taxi abuse could be COMPLETELY AVOIDED WITHOUT increasing the cost of the command.

ALL you have to do is have a 5 second delay between typing /taxi and teleporting the player.

Further improvement could be made by making the player choose the location from a menu but without immobilising the player so they can still be shot while choosing

That's what I have in my Total SA II script and it works great.
(08-01-2008, 06:43 PM)SidVicious link Wrote: LISTEN ALL PLEASE:
/taxi abuse could be COMPLETELY AVOIDED WITHOUT increasing the cost of the command.
ALL you have to do is have a 5 second delay between typing /taxi and teleporting the player.
Further improvement could be made by making the player choose the location from a menu but without immobilising the player so they can still be shot while choosing

That's what I have in my Total SA II script and it works great.

There is a menu. . But the fast commands (example: /taxi 0) is used more :+
(08-01-2008, 06:46 PM)Makaveli link Wrote: There is a menu. . But the fast commands (example: /taxi 0) is used more :+

Yeah but disabling the fast commands and making taxier's use a menu will help to make /taxi abuse to evade death a thing of the past.

Anyway my main point is:

(08-01-2008, 06:43 PM)SidVicious link Wrote:

That way the /taxier will most likely get killed if he is using the command to death evade. This 5 second delay between command and teleporting could be applicable to all teleporting commands.
Can somebody lock this topic already? I have stated what is going to happen with the taxi issue, tomozj has stated what is going to change with teleports, and from here on to answer HoogerBooger's original question about whether the teleport prices can increase to the ones he specified, its a no simply because it is too high.