Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] The cost of using commands
I still disagree with disabling it at the gang base Jay, it's simply prone to people working around it. Either we change it for everyone, or none.

Making it cost like $1,000,000 would stop people using it as often, yet people can still afford to use once in a while (such as at cruises).

People can whine all they want, but they'll wine because an incredibly easy game has turned into a challenge -- that's a bullshit reason to complain.
Make it you can only teleport once every hour but it only costs a dollar. Then everyone is happy.
People will reconnect. ;)

Unless we just get a timestamp and save it to their profile, and it's an hour ahead of that?
disabling at gang base is probably the best option...
How about if your in a gang it´s completely disabled. Means you get the advantage of using team chat, but not that of teleportation

(07-28-2008, 01:29 AM)tomozj link Wrote: People will reconnect. ;)

Unless we just get a timestamp and save it to their profile, and it's an hour ahead of that?
But then they loose their weapons  :)
I think disabling the teleport is out of the question. Maybe instead we could make something like, a per-session based teleport license that costs like, 20,000,000, then not as many people will use it, as well as disabling it in the gang base?
I'm still against disabling it just for gangs. Randomly teleporting to players and killing them is annoying too -- this isn't specific to gangs.

$20,000,000 is pretty ridiculous, however $1,000,000 and every 10 minutes is fair in my opinion. Expensive -- used less often, and if they try to use as often then the 10 minute barrier will slow them down.
I use /tp to chase runners, but I don't randomly tp to people.
(07-28-2008, 09:43 PM)tomozj link Wrote: $20,000,000 is pretty ridiculous

Not really, everybody is rich on LVP. I'm not suggesting 20 mil a teleport, I'm suggest some kind of permit that costs 20 mil that is per-session based. And yea, every 10 minutes sounds better. It's not disabling it for gangs anyway, its disabling it for anyone in general in the gang base to stop lamers in the middle of a gang war.
Why not have a disable /tp command? If you don't want anyone to TP to you, use /notp or something and nobody can tp to you until you type something like /ytp. And disable any tp/taxi until at least 60 seconds after being shot.