Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] The cost of using commands
Why is this turning into admin bashing?

anyway...I guarantee that most of you (aside from hoogerbooger) saying "teleporting should be disabled" would regret casting that vote. I know for a fact that some of you (not going to name names) love to teleport to people so you can kill them. Whether it be because some nub naded you during a fight, or simple because you don't like them and you want to make it a point to kill them as much as possible.

LVP is a PLAYGROUND, not just a DM server. Like I said in my first post, these commands are for transportation. Not everyone joins LVP and goes on a killing spree for a hour then leaves. A lot of people like to do other things, and commands such as /taxi make the game more enjoyable. I've seriously had enough of all the DM'ers complaining about everything that is not 'death match style'.

If someone tp's away from you, you have the ability to tp right back to them. Same thing with taxi. The only place you cannot get to them is if they taxi to the ship, which you can always just wait for them to leave. It's not like DM'ers don't stand in front of the ship all day anyway. And aside from that, who cares anyway? So what if a few people manage to get away from you? Is it that big of a deal, seriously? Next thing you know people are going to say that all vehicles should be taken out of the game because people can escape in those too.

/end rant
Not your best friend,
ooshie  d:)b
(07-30-2008, 07:06 PM)MoToRoLa link Wrote: Thats tru, u can report taxi abusers lots of times, u can spam admin chat of reports in caps and they dont  even fuckin pm back. they dont care cuz they dont fight.

I do fight and I do check for /taxi abusers (I've got some witnesses who have also responded in this topic several times)

:)

I do agree that I don't answer back in PM's from time to time, but really; that does not mean I'm not doing anything ;)

And I garuntee you that Ï reply to EVERY PM sent to me on the subject of abusing/cheating
I agree with ooshie, and to be honest I don't like this topic. Everything is nice & fine how it is, I like teleporting and always have done, it should never be an option/higher price/we imo, it should be the same, disregarding the gang base.
i have an idea. teleport commands shouldnt work if u dont have more than 80 health+armor so it cant be abused anymore
(08-01-2008, 12:04 AM)Jay link Wrote: I agree with ooshie, and to be honest I don't like this topic. Everything is nice & fine how it is, I like teleporting and always have done, it should never be an option/higher price/we imo, it should be the same, disregarding the gang base.

You are just saying this because you are a developer which means you have put an effort into creating some of that stuff and seeing it flushed down the drain would probably break your heart. What's you are saying here is that you don't want people to speak up about the stuff they dislike about the server, which in fact makes you a bit weak as a developer because a constructive criticism is a thing that helps achieve goals way better. As you can see a lot of people have different opinions here about the commands and killing this discussion just because you want to show off in front of the forum girls with your elite scripting skills just isn't quite right.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
Jay was reluctant to change this, due to its impact on DMers ingame. He probably did not script this teleport command -- it's not hard to do either -- so see that he's saying that from a player's side, and not from a development side. However, we've agreed now to add a /my tp off/on command, disabling people's ability to teleport to you. By default also it will be turned off, so that noobs can be protected from commands unknown to them at the start of the game.

Anyone got any complaints? Anyone can teleport to people that want to be teleported to (such as gang members), however people such as snipers won't just get jumped by an uzi a second after they shoot someone. This is more fair.
(08-01-2008, 10:12 AM)tomozj link Wrote: Jay was reluctant to change this, due to its impact on DMers ingame. He probably did not script this teleport command -- it's not hard to do either -- so see that he's saying that from a player's side, and not from a development side. However, we've agreed now to add a /my tp off/on command, disabling people's ability to teleport to you. By default also it will be turned off, so that noobs can be protected from commands unknown to them at the start of the game.

Anyone got any complaints? Anyone can teleport to people that want to be teleported to (such as gang members), however people such as snipers won't just get jumped by an uzi a second after they shoot someone. This is more fair.
*O*
Go tomozj!
(08-01-2008, 07:29 AM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: You are just saying this because you are a developer which means you have put an effort into creating some of that stuff and seeing it flushed down the drain would probably break your heart. What's you are saying here is that you don't want people to speak up about the stuff they dislike about the server, which in fact makes you a bit weak as a developer because a constructive criticism is a thing that helps achieve goals way better. As you can see a lot of people have different opinions here about the commands and killing this discussion just because you want to show off in front of the forum girls with your elite scripting skills just isn't quite right.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.

Jay is perfectly able to see things in an objective way. In the past there have been lots of things that had to be changed to make the gameplay better, some of which had been worked on quite a while. A decent developer can sacrifice code which he's proud of, if it affects the gameplay in a wrong way. Together with the fact that Jay didn't even write this teleport command (which is only ~10 lines of code) you'd better shut up until you know what you're talking about. Especially when you do it in such an annoying way you did.

Constructive comments are great indeed, but obviously you still need to learn how to do that.
(08-01-2008, 07:29 AM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: You are just saying this because you are a developer which means you have put an effort into creating some of that stuff and seeing it flushed down the drain would probably break your heart. What's you are saying here is that you don't want people to speak up about the stuff they dislike about the server, which in fact makes you a bit weak as a developer because a constructive criticism is a thing that helps achieve goals way better. As you can see a lot of people have different opinions here about the commands and killing this discussion just because you want to show off in front of the forum girls with your elite scripting skills just isn't quite right.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.

FYI you stupid ungrateful  prick adding something such as changing the price around would literally take about 12 seconds. There have been changes in the teleport's as you can see from tomozj's post with new cmds to enable/disable them. Me & tomozj have been working our butts of lately on lvp and where about the only mugs around here doing so with no reward or anything of the slightest that really encourages us to continue, especially people like you giving us disrespect, even though we do continue developing anyway. So don't  come here more or less accusing me of being lazy from a point of view such as yours, some fucktard who is hated and hasn't done fuck all for lvp in the past except for cause arguments since your extremely unliked, especially by the VIP's. I can really see now why nobody likes you. For provoking an argument considering you have been warned multiple times by Felle, I hope you get banned for it.

You really need to think about what you are doing. You are making a topic that is asking the 2.x developers to do something to benefit you for free, and then flaming at the lead 2.x developer. Clever Clever. For no reason what so over you are attacking my opinion on the subject, and the whole reason I moved this topic to Open to discussion was because we wanted to hear other peoples opinions. If you are going to treat us this way, why should we listen to any of your suggestions in the past? I know one thing, I'm not.

I apologize too any viewers disregarding HoogerBooger for the flaming, as this has really pissed me off.

EDIT: And another thing. You have to remember that I am a gang member on LVP. I have always been in some gang/clan, ColdThugZ/SWK, and I have always been death matching and using teleport a lot in those gangs, Hence the reason I Like it and think there should be no change. I gurantee if this was moved to public voting on a more popular board such as general talk, a lot of players would agree with me. Disable it in the gang base, and leave everything the way it is. Although, it is already done and decided, so it won't make a difference. So get your facts right before accusing me as a weak developer. If we are doing all this work for 2.90 for free for people like you, it really makes me think twice about continuing to be in the development team.

Oh, and if you consider "showing off elite scripting skills" as a method of "impressing the forum girls", I can imagine you to be somebody who is single for the rest of your life.