Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Passive Mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
61.54%
32 61.54%
No!
38.46%
20 38.46%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Passive Mode?
(11-04-2016, 03:36 PM)FateTrip Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 03:01 PM)Madlaggz Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 01:51 PM)FateTrip Wrote: So the general consensus is that people will not be enough players to kill if they're using passive mode... boohoo. Not everyone likes to DM and LVP more than just a DM server. Players like to have fun which includes freeroaming without being killed by someone purely there to up their game stats...

The vote is almost 50/50 so clearly whether the feature was implemented there would still be enough for you to kill if that's your sole purpose of playing. There really is no harm in passive mode being available and I find it quite sad that people are denying others of having a feature which will benefit those who are purely there to freeroam without risk of being killed, sometimes repeatedly as they're considered easy targets.

Shit, FateTrip - I thought with your seniority you'd know the composition of the playerbase better than that. Bohoo to yourself for being such a shitty player you get killed repeatedly since you're an easy target. No fighter is entirely what you're describing. This isn't a question of 'fighters vs freeroamers' - the community is more diverse than that. When I'm ingame I usually do 50/50 fighting and freeroaming. I like to chill and just to cruise, prophunt, chat etc. A stray attack on the streets is normal; fight or flee - that's like encountering a fucking pokémon in wild grass. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't but the interaction hapenning in the encounter is a central conerstone to the game; don't remove it. It's essential to both the deathmatching and freeroaming aspect of the server. 

Besides: You're playing a fucking game - if you die, you lose and get to start over. Stop crying about it.

It seems I struck a nerve. Fuck the playerbase, like literally. And you're right it's a game and dying happens but the only people here crying is the ones who only care about their stats in a GAME which have no meaning AT ALL.

GTAV has a hugely popular multi-player built in, just like GTAIV did (and STILL is quite popular amongst players) and do you know what one of them features in the game are? Passive mode and guess not, no one bitches about it being a problem, especially those there just to get an extra kill on their stat sheet....

(11-04-2016, 02:49 PM)Diablo Wrote: This is something that will reduce playercount rather than increase,and I prefer not to try.

I fail to see how passive mode will decrease the player count besides the ones who are bitching and crying over the feature but in fact it'll have the opposite effect because new players won't be quitting as soon as they get killed

(11-05-2016, 12:03 PM)FateTrip Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 11:25 AM)Oresti Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 04:04 AM)FateTrip Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 05:39 PM)Madlaggz Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 03:36 PM)FateTrip Wrote: It seems I struck a nerve. Fuck the playerbase, like literally. And you're right it's a game and dying happens but the only people here crying is the ones who only care about their stats in a GAME which have no meaning AT ALL.

Who the fuck on here cares about their stats? This isn't Counter Strike.

You do clearly, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about the idea of Passive mode in the first place...
You got that wrong

Don't think I have. He's complaining about passive mode and how it'll do some shit (tbh, never read the previous pages)... probably make it boring cos there won't be anyone to kill so clearly he cares about his stats otherwise he wouldn't be complaining about having the feature.

You should probably read my fucking posts before assuming my position on the matter. I don't give a shit about stats.
Hey, everyone! I've just deleted quite a few posts that add nothing to the discussion we are attempting to have here. 

Please be aware that, while we value opinions and thoughts, posts should contain cohesive statements that add to the discussion. There will be no more (sole) commentary on the poll numbers, insults, nor urging others to vote one way or the other.

Thank you for your thoughts so far! Let's keep the ball rolling!
(11-05-2016, 03:46 PM)Madlaggz Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 03:36 PM)FateTrip Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 03:01 PM)Madlaggz Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 01:51 PM)FateTrip Wrote: So the general consensus is that people will not be enough players to kill if they're using passive mode... boohoo. Not everyone likes to DM and LVP more than just a DM server. Players like to have fun which includes freeroaming without being killed by someone purely there to up their game stats...

The vote is almost 50/50 so clearly whether the feature was implemented there would still be enough for you to kill if that's your sole purpose of playing. There really is no harm in passive mode being available and I find it quite sad that people are denying others of having a feature which will benefit those who are purely there to freeroam without risk of being killed, sometimes repeatedly as they're considered easy targets.

Shit, FateTrip - I thought with your seniority you'd know the composition of the playerbase better than that. Bohoo to yourself for being such a shitty player you get killed repeatedly since you're an easy target. No fighter is entirely what you're describing. This isn't a question of 'fighters vs freeroamers' - the community is more diverse than that. When I'm ingame I usually do 50/50 fighting and freeroaming. I like to chill and just to cruise, prophunt, chat etc. A stray attack on the streets is normal; fight or flee - that's like encountering a fucking pokémon in wild grass. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't but the interaction hapenning in the encounter is a central conerstone to the game; don't remove it. It's essential to both the deathmatching and freeroaming aspect of the server. 

Besides: You're playing a fucking game - if you die, you lose and get to start over. Stop crying about it.

It seems I struck a nerve. Fuck the playerbase, like literally. And you're right it's a game and dying happens but the only people here crying is the ones who only care about their stats in a GAME which have no meaning AT ALL.

GTAV has a hugely popular multi-player built in, just like GTAIV did (and STILL is quite popular amongst players) and do you know what one of them features in the game are? Passive mode and guess not, no one bitches about it being a problem, especially those there just to get an extra kill on their stat sheet....

(11-04-2016, 02:49 PM)Diablo Wrote: This is something that will reduce playercount rather than increase,and I prefer not to try.

I fail to see how passive mode will decrease the player count besides the ones who are bitching and crying over the feature but in fact it'll have the opposite effect because new players won't be quitting as soon as they get killed

(11-05-2016, 12:03 PM)FateTrip Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 11:25 AM)Oresti Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 04:04 AM)FateTrip Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 05:39 PM)Madlaggz Wrote: Who the fuck on here cares about their stats? This isn't Counter Strike.

You do clearly, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about the idea of Passive mode in the first place...
You got that wrong

Don't think I have. He's complaining about passive mode and how it'll do some shit (tbh, never read the previous pages)... probably make it boring cos there won't be anyone to kill so clearly he cares about his stats otherwise he wouldn't be complaining about having the feature.

You should probably read my fucking posts before assuming my position on the matter. I don't give a shit about stats.

But you do tho otherwise you wouldn't be fucking complaining about a fucking feature that would stop you from fucking killing people to fucking up your fucking stats. Fucking.

People take this shit so seriously

[Image: giphy.gif]
According to me, DMers Claim that DM is dying, Non-DMers/FreeRoamers Claim that they get constantly killed by some DMers, MY Thought is LVP is not in position to implement this. We need a good player count so we can balance DM and Freeroam. Also some DMers say there are the same player fighting with us all the time, so we need new players with our current player base? I think yes! We should try to increase Regulars on LVP so player count will increase and this Great Feature can be implemented! (Remember? First Join Experience!)

TBH LVP is not in position for this feature. We need a good player count (around 40-50? In Peak Hours) to implement this.

EDIT : I know what I've voted for! And there is not a big risk to implement and test this mode for atleast a week! GL
Thank You!
(11-07-2016, 02:57 AM)sau Wrote: TBH LVP is not in position for this feature. We need a good player count (around 40-50? In Peak Hours) to implement this.
here's the juice you twats:

basically people bitching about this are the ones crying that DM will die because they are DMers.

if every regular DMer is bitching about it, then no regular DMer will use this right? so you will keep fighting the regular people and being able to kill the ones who always fight.

this feature won't obviously be abused because there will be implemented anti-abuse restrictions, so what is your problem with it? you get to kill the people who want to be killed and vice-versa because these people are against it and they won't use it

so the real thing here is your worry about stats, nothing more, at least admit it. you want to drive around and kill randoms, that's okay if it's your thing, but face it: these randoms won't even know the existence of this command and you'll be able to kill them, plus you can't use this abusively so...
It has nothing to do with stats. I'm a DM'er and if this feature is added I will simply have no one who I would fight. That means I will no longer enjoy playing on LVP. So basically I would be forced to leave the server. It's just this easy
sorry, did you not go to school and learn to read? I addressed that "problem"
(11-07-2016, 03:50 PM)Oresti Wrote: I'm a DM'er and if this feature is added I will simply have no one who I would fight.

Sonic, do you think you are only one DM'er in whole LVP? How can you say that there will be no one to fight with you? OFC there are a lot active DM'ers who can fight with you!
TBH if you see LVP's Players, you will see that 80 percent (I maybe wrong but there are enough of regulars) of regulars are DMers Like YOu who wont use this mode and fight!
So this mode can be implemented! And you will not leave LVP :)
TY!
Hello everyone!

The poll has come to a close. Do know that its purpose was not to put the concept of a "passive mode" on the track for a release, but rather to encourage a discussion and see what the community thought. While Death$tar's account spam and vote manipulation hurts the point of view that it should be implemented (fret not, the above numbers are now accurate!), it is nonetheless clear that there is a strong disparity in what the players want.

We appreciate everyone sharing their opinions and suggestions thus far and welcome further conversation!

Thank you! :)