Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Passive Mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
61.54%
32 61.54%
No!
38.46%
20 38.46%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Passive Mode?
(11-04-2016, 01:51 PM)FateTrip Wrote: So the general consensus is that people will not be enough players to kill if they're using passive mode... boohoo. Not everyone likes to DM and LVP more than just a DM server. Players like to have fun which includes freeroaming without being killed by someone purely there to up their game stats...

The vote is almost 50/50 so clearly whether the feature was implemented there would still be enough for you to kill if that's your sole purpose of playing. There really is no harm in passive mode being available and I find it quite sad that people are denying others of having a feature which will benefit those who are purely there to freeroam without risk of being killed, sometimes repeatedly as they're considered easy targets.

Shit, FateTrip - I thought with your seniority you'd know the composition of the playerbase better than that. Bohoo to yourself for being such a shitty player you get killed repeatedly since you're an easy target. No fighter is entirely what you're describing. This isn't a question of 'fighters vs freeroamers' - the community is more diverse than that. When I'm ingame I usually do 50/50 fighting and freeroaming. I like to chill and just to cruise, prophunt, chat etc. A stray attack on the streets is normal; fight or flee - that's like encountering a fucking pokémon in wild grass. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't but the interaction hapenning in the encounter is a central conerstone to the game; don't remove it. It's essential to both the deathmatching and freeroaming aspect of the server. 

Besides: You're playing a fucking game - if you die, you lose and get to start over. Stop crying about it.

(11-04-2016, 02:49 PM)Diablo Wrote: As for freeroam newbies getting killed,with the upcoming change in /my teleport and changing /world,that won't be an issue anymore.This is something that will reduce playercount rather than increase,and I prefer not to try and encounter loss.

Diablo speaking the truth man
(11-04-2016, 03:01 PM)Madlaggz Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 01:51 PM)FateTrip Wrote: So the general consensus is that people will not be enough players to kill if they're using passive mode... boohoo. Not everyone likes to DM and LVP more than just a DM server. Players like to have fun which includes freeroaming without being killed by someone purely there to up their game stats...

The vote is almost 50/50 so clearly whether the feature was implemented there would still be enough for you to kill if that's your sole purpose of playing. There really is no harm in passive mode being available and I find it quite sad that people are denying others of having a feature which will benefit those who are purely there to freeroam without risk of being killed, sometimes repeatedly as they're considered easy targets.

Shit, FateTrip - I thought with your seniority you'd know the composition of the playerbase better than that. Bohoo to yourself for being such a shitty player you get killed repeatedly since you're an easy target. No fighter is entirely what you're describing. This isn't a question of 'fighters vs freeroamers' - the community is more diverse than that. When I'm ingame I usually do 50/50 fighting and freeroaming. I like to chill and just to cruise, prophunt, chat etc. A stray attack on the streets is normal; fight or flee - that's like encountering a fucking pokémon in wild grass. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't but the interaction hapenning in the encounter is a central conerstone to the game; don't remove it. It's essential to both the deathmatching and freeroaming aspect of the server. 

Besides: You're playing a fucking game - if you die, you lose and get to start over. Stop crying about it.

It seems I struck a nerve. Fuck the playerbase, like literally. And you're right it's a game and dying happens but the only people here crying is the ones who only care about their stats in a GAME which have no meaning AT ALL.

GTAV has a hugely popular multi-player built in, just like GTAIV did (and STILL is quite popular amongst players) and do you know what one of them features in the game are? Passive mode and guess not, no one bitches about it being a problem, especially those there just to get an extra kill on their stat sheet....

(11-04-2016, 02:49 PM)Diablo Wrote: This is something that will reduce playercount rather than increase,and I prefer not to try.

I fail to see how passive mode will decrease the player count besides the ones who are bitching and crying over the feature but in fact it'll have the opposite effect because new players won't be quitting as soon as they get killed
(11-04-2016, 03:36 PM)FateTrip Wrote: but in fact it'll have the opposite effect because new players won't be quitting as soon as they get killed

This, I can see people leaving the server after complaining getting killed all the time.

If a person doesn't want to DM then why force him to DM? (Might want to do something with the blips so DMers know who to ignore on the map)
If a person comes to just chill, drive around have a conversation instead of DMing a person should be free to..

Also to calm the DMers we can only make it available outsive LV (Like the cruise system)
(11-04-2016, 03:36 PM)FateTrip Wrote:

It seems I struck a nerve. Fuck the playerbase, like literally. And you're right it's a game and dying happens but the only people here crying is the ones who only care about their stats in a GAME which have no meaning AT ALL.

Who the fuck on here cares about their stats? This isn't Counter Strike.

(11-04-2016, 05:19 PM)Holsje Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 03:36 PM)FateTrip Wrote: but in fact it'll have the opposite effect because new players won't be quitting as soon as they get killed

This, I can see people leaving the server after complaining getting killed all the time.

If a person doesn't want to DM then why force him to DM? (Might want to do something with the blips so DMers know who to ignore on the map)
If a person comes to just chill, drive around have a conversation instead of DMing a person should be free to..

Also to calm the DMers we can only make it available outsive LV (Like the cruise system)

If people leave the first time they get killed, they're probably 12-year olds who just fuck about. If you honestly think the rage-quitting of these types of players is a huge issue, let's make some sort of introductionairy 'god-mode' or something similar to this. No need to take so huge measures as to allow all players to be fucking invincible in a community that's build upon opposition and conflict. 

As I've already stated in my huge-ass reply, removing a fundamental aspect of the gamemode of LVP, dying - that will be a huge hit to the server. Not only deathmatchers would suffer by this. The server will be more passive and individualized to the loss of everyone who appreciates an active community.
Madlaggz settle down i am 12 myself o.o And i do not play the game to "Fuck about"
(11-02-2016, 06:19 PM)Lash Wrote: This means less kills for regulars. So I don't like it.
(11-04-2016, 06:55 PM)Haunter Wrote: Madlaggz settle down i am 12 myself o.o And i do not play the game to "Fuck about"

Did you need to have invincibility when you joined the server? I doubt that. You're all right, and I suppose most others who join this server is. Coping with being killed in a game isn't exactly anything tough.
(11-04-2016, 05:39 PM)Madlaggz Wrote:

You do clearly, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about the idea of Passive mode in the first place...
(11-05-2016, 04:04 AM)FateTrip Wrote:

You do clearly, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about the idea of Passive mode in the first place...
You got that wrong
(11-05-2016, 11:25 AM)Oresti Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 04:04 AM)FateTrip Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 03:01 PM)Madlaggz Wrote: Shit, FateTrip - I thought with your seniority you'd know the composition of the playerbase better than that. Bohoo to yourself for being such a shitty player you get killed repeatedly since you're an easy target. No fighter is entirely what you're describing. This isn't a question of 'fighters vs freeroamers' - the community is more diverse than that. When I'm ingame I usually do 50/50 fighting and freeroaming. I like to chill and just to cruise, prophunt, chat etc. A stray attack on the streets is normal; fight or flee - that's like encountering a fucking pokémon in wild grass. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't but the interaction hapenning in the encounter is a central conerstone to the game; don't remove it. It's essential to both the deathmatching and freeroaming aspect of the server. 

You got that wrong

Don't think I have. He's complaining about passive mode and how it'll do some shit (tbh, never read the previous pages)... probably make it boring cos there won't be anyone to kill so clearly he cares about his stats otherwise he wouldn't be complaining about having the feature.