Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Passive Mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
61.54%
32 61.54%
No!
38.46%
20 38.46%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Passive Mode?
Question 
Hi there, everyone! :D

I come to you with a poll. Should Las Venturas Playground implement an option for "passive mode"? Basically, what this would entail is removing all weapons of the player in passive mode, putting a label over their head (so you know), and granting them invincibility.

What are your thoughts? I am biased (as it was my idea), but I am sincerely curious what the community thinks!

Thank you for your time!
if passive mode is given to the player by admins im ok with it, but if any player will be able to give it to themselves it would be a really bad idea. c:
(11-02-2016, 02:51 PM)Oresti Wrote: if passive mode is given to the player by admins im ok with it, but if any player will be able to give it to themselves it would be a really bad idea. c:

Could you elaborate, please? In what way would this be a bad idea if the players themselves could enable it? It would have similar anti-abuse measures as other commands do.
yeah it's a good idea 10/10 would play passively aggressively
I'm against this, i think it doesn't suit the server's purpose: deathmatch (even though freeroam is another one)
Plus, if a player wants to be granted invincibility, all they have to do (most of the time ) is kindly ask using @
(11-02-2016, 05:34 PM)Harambe Wrote: I'm against this, i think it doesn't suit the server's purpose: deathmatch (even though freeroam is another one)
You know, I've found it interesting how the same was said about houses and yet now every single fighter has at least one. :+

In addition, I think it is important to realize that freeroam attributes are just as fundamental to Las Venturas Playground as those appropriated to deathmatch players. To say that the sole focus should be on deathmatch is to go against our fine line (between deathmatch and freeroam) that we have been balancing for over a decade.

(11-02-2016, 05:34 PM)Harambe Wrote: Plus, if a player wants to be granted invincibility, all they have to do (most of the time ) is kindly ask using @
Yes, but that invincibility does not lend itself well to anti-abuse measures, and it limits the player to however long said administrator is online. The suggested "passive mode" would allow players the possibility to enjoy the main world of the server with everyone else (avoiding isolation in, say, a virtual world) at any time, provided the above criteria are met.

I appreciate your input, Harambe, though I am curious if you have any specific concerns regarding this suggestion. :)
This means less kills for regulars. So I don't like it.
Would be great for free roamers :D I agree with this
Big yes for obvious reasons.
For Chillers !I agree with you .