Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Please wake up management
I'm actually developing a tic-tac-toe game that i might give to lvp
yes change 0.3z to 0.3x that server will live again just trust me
lvp was the top rp server but not shit like who change it
Thank you cake for your input.

I was only once admin in the server and kicked estroe out of the server and got banned for some time. So i have no knowlage what goes on and off behinde the scenes.

It's still nice to see people commenting here and expressing their ideas. But we still need huge plan to make it something better then it is now.

I have to agree, i only come here because of the community, the game it self sucks, but fun to login and just chat with people.

And yes cake, my charakter doesn't let me.  ;)
Alright,i'll just quote few posts here and share my opinion with you:
(09-24-2014, 12:30 PM)MwK.Face link Wrote: yes change 0.3z to 0.3x that server will live again just trust me
lvp was the top rp server but not shit like who change it
You're wrong.I've seen a lot of servers that are on the newest 0.3zV and have like 300-900 players per day.0.3x,as i see you like it very much,isn't the ONLY version of SA:MP.Everyone thinks for himself,i mean he prefers the version which he had/has the best DM days in. For example,you think that way,and i think the opposite.As i call it(most do) 0.3z ,,the Nub Version''.
There're no professional,skilled players,and the nubby ones,anymore.You need to understand that.
(09-24-2014, 10:28 AM)Fuse link Wrote: I'm actually developing a tic-tac-toe game that i might give to lvp
Is very cool,as it should always be.
(09-24-2014, 07:47 AM)cake link Wrote: It's hard to debate with someone who suffers of severe tunnel vision. That has always been the problem with this community: you only think admins ban and because you don't see the rest ingame or on the forums they have "lack in interest in doing something". Not a little clue about what people do on the background. But you like to think they do nothing and the server keeps itself up, that the bills for being on the hosted list are paid by themselves. Error: logic not found.

And lol "my character doesn't let me make suggestions", that really made my day.

Jerome: thanks for your input. Here is a little suggestive idea: if you see an awesome filterscript you'd like LVP to implement, link it. Filterscripts are a nice way to add features without putting a lot of time in coding.
Cake is totally right.Yelling and waiting for something to happen is not gonna work,friend.Maybe i look like a ,,full retard'' to you,but i've still got something smart to say,atleast.
Peru - Everything explained with all the details you might wanna know,Zezima.
Jerome - Trudat,lol.If you feel like being a ,no lifer',then you can code/help the server 24/7 :) Zezima
So,try to come up with some really amazing idea,that's gonna blow up our minds.Be creative,or organize an event,or make a video,or...........do whatever you come up to,just don't stand there with your fingers stuck on your keyboard waiting for someone else to reply on this topic.Besides,you're the one who started all this shit,right? ;)
I wasn't too sure where to post this as what I'm going to suggest isn't really a feature request. Anyway, what I've been thinking about was how this server is displayed in the hosted list through the client. People who use to play on this server are only going to notice that lagcomp is off if they visit the website and see the announcement, or if they left click on the server listing in the client and read the server properties. But is anyone specifically going to look at the lagcomp property from the client? Difficult to say, but I'm sure most people would be looking for the more obvious attribute - the version, and overlook the lagcomp setting.

Does renaming the title of the server in a way so that people can tell that lagcomp is off sound good? It just might attract to some oldschool players back to the server, or players more familiar with 0.3x
(09-25-2014, 06:30 PM)Kariya link Wrote: I wasn't too sure where to post this as what I'm going to suggest isn't really a feature request. Anyway, what I've been thinking about was how this server is displayed in the hosted list through the client. People who use to play on this server are only going to notice that lagcomp is off if they visit the website and see the announcement, or if they left click on the server listing in the client and read the server properties. But is anyone specifically going to look at the lagcomp property from the client? Difficult to say, but I'm sure most people would be looking for the more obvious attribute - the version, and overlook the lagcomp setting.

Does renaming the title of the server in a way so that people can tell that lagcomp is off sound good? It just might attract to some oldschool players back to the server, or players more familiar with 0.3x

Seems reasonable and could work +1

cake: I don't have much time to fuck with code and shit but if I see a filterscript around that has some unique stuff I'll let you know.
(09-25-2014, 06:30 PM)Kariya link Wrote: Does renaming the title of the server in a way so that people can tell that lagcomp is off sound good? It just might attract to some oldschool players back to the server, or players more familiar with 0.3x

Good idea.
Just hold on 'til the 2nd of June 2015, the day I get out of the army. I have about 20 unplanned days then and I'd love to spend some of them on LVP.

Sort of a challenge for you guys, I guess  >:) Actually I have no doubt the server will live on to see that day though, simply because I thought that the server would be dead by 2012, yet it had some awesome days with 100 players this very year.
(09-26-2014, 05:52 PM)Gibbs link Wrote: Just hold on 'til the 2nd of June 2015, the day I get out of the army. I have about 20 unplanned days then and I'd love to spend some of them on LVP.

Sort of a challenge for you guys, I guess  >:) Actually I have no doubt the server will live on to see that day though, simply because I thought that the server would be dead by 2012, yet it had some awesome days with 100 players this very year.
When I left for a while in 2009 I thought it would have died but shocked it was still alive
Meh well here's someone who rarely visits the forums (and ig) at all  :>

Its kinda cool y'all turned off lag comp and all but I don't think that's enough to bring the "community" back. It was already dead before 0.3z's skinhit took effect. Personally I felt LVP was mostly gone when 0.3c came along (gotta thank Zai Corp. for keeping my clanmates entertained for a while), other older players might say LVP was dead a lot earlier than what I mentioned but the problem here is that most of the past players won't return no matter what changes you do to the server. The focus should be on attracting the newer generation of players without losing LVP's identity (YES, I AM REFERRING TO LVP'S HORRENDOUS DECISION IN CLUTTERING THE SERVER WITH STUNT OBJECTS IN LAS VENTURAS IN THE PAST - it didn't work out did it?).

(09-23-2014, 01:00 PM)Peru link Wrote: People want the server to be active again. For that we need genuine ideas. IDEAS.
No one is suggesting IDEAS, all they do is state that they want the server active again.
Well first how about concentrating features that will interest the demographic of players LVP usually brings in? Usually a player is either freeroaming or death match-ing so focus on things that will appeal to those types of players. No gimmicky things stunt objects or adding spray tags all over Las Venturas. For now I'm just going to look at death match since I do more of that instead of freeroaming. Since there really isn't an active dm community with clans/gangs, you have to encourage new players to create their own or join a pre-existing clan in the server (doubt it).

The developer(s) can implement some "Threat level" system where it ranks a gang/clan based on the number of kills & deaths, turfs owned, the amount of time spent dm-ing, the amount of damage taken & given, and/or the type of threats they are able to take down (I'm not sure what type of algorithm is best to calculate a "threat" but you guys are smart people right?) . The levels can be something like: Busta (weak, mostly losing), Passive(newly created gangs or neutral), Mildly Aggresive(sometimes fights), Dangerous(rarely loses, deals a lot of damage/kills). This can be extended to solo players who aren't in a clan or gang so they can be more easily recruited or serve as a warning to players as a person to stay away from. A player would be informed by these threat levels by a chatbubble on each individual player OR a textdraw list under the death window which will update when entering a gang zone controlled by said group, coming in physical contact (damage) with another player, or any players which enters in a close proximity. This sorta gives bragging rights to individuals and groups more directly and a random person can become known a lot quicker than usual.

The players who want this server to be active as it once was should pitch in specific ideas too... but I'm not active to know if ideas are ever considered here.