Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Weight-Lifting
Zydrunas Savickas 2014 Worlds Strongest Man 725 Squat X 15!

Wish I could squat 725lbs... Let alone 15 times haha

Zydrunas Savickas 523 kg WR Tire Deadlift (HD) @ Arnold Strongman Classic 2014

or deadlift 1155lbs/523.8kg
(04-10-2014, 04:14 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: another "impressive" monkey

Erik Gunhamn 365 kg marklyft

20 yo swedish.... i consider overall strength to be impressive, like big z both deadlift and squat 400 kg + and bench close to 300 raw, hardly any weaker sides

That's crazy, I was happy to bench 120, squat 120 (my thin long legs:( ) and deadlift 150 @ 70kg, but theres always people out there that can make you look like a bitch
The difference in some people's genetics is crazy.
Granted I didn't train the bench as often but I never hit 120kg, but I could squat 120kg for reps in my second or third leg day.
Listening to some interviews with elite strongman gets annoying when you hear them boasting 100kg+ bench presses the first time they visit a gym when they're 16 years old. I find that completely believable, but find the following quote from Andy Bolton complete bullshit regarding the squat:

"My first time ever squatting I did 220kg (484lbs) for 22 reps. I benched 80kg (176lbs), and deadlifted 260kg (572lbs)."

Then again, I find Kirk Karwoski having a 1120lb/509kg total at age 14 believable.
500kgs wat
Quote:Nemesis link=topic=32750.msg455259#msg455259 date=1397157057]
That's crazy, I was happy to bench 120, squat 120 (my thin long legs:( ) and deadlift 150 @ 70kg, but theres always people out there that can make you look like a bitch
cant rly compare raw lifting with equipped lifting..

(04-11-2014, 03:11 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: The difference in some people's genetics is crazy.
Granted I didn't train the bench as often but I never hit 120kg, but I could squat 120kg for reps in my second or third leg day.
Listening to some interviews with elite strongman gets annoying when you hear them boasting 100kg+ bench presses the first time they visit a gym when they're 16 years old. I find that completely believable, but find the following quote from Andy Bolton complete bullshit regarding the squat:

"My first time ever squatting I did 220kg (484lbs) for 22 reps. I benched 80kg (176lbs), and deadlifted 260kg (572lbs)."

Then again, I find Kirk Karwoski having a 1120lb/509kg total at age 14 believable.
equipped lifting is rather dull imo since a suit can give u 50-100 kg in one exercice, its more about the right angles than about real strength, i for example lifted around 90 kg first time benching 14-15 yo so u dont even have to be a elite strongman for that
I'm not talking about equipped / machines or whatever, im talking raw, compounds without straps or assist from spotters - I didn't say those were my first time lifts, those were the weights I could work up to last year when I was 70kg  ;(

(04-11-2014, 09:12 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: cant rly compare raw lifting with equipped lifting..
equipped lifting is rather dull imo since a suit can give u 50-100 kg in one exercice, its more about the right angles than about real strength, i for example lifted around 90 kg first time benching 14-15 yo so u dont even have to be a elite strongman for that

Sure but I seriously doubt anyone, Bolton included, would hit the gym for the first time in a lifting suit.
HOW DOES that lifting suit even work if it gives you +50 kg? All i know it gets tight as fuck
They kinda work like rubber bands. You compress the suit at the bottom of a squat, bench or deadlift (though the amount they help in deadlifts pales in comparison to squats or bench presses), and naturally want to expand in the direction of your lift.
well that makes it very easy, whats the purpose of it? Raw benchin is the way to go,,, not some guinea pig suit