Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Zaibatsu Corporation
Well they could create a voting feature (with only Admins/Management having rights to the command) and have the results appear on the LVP site. And then ask the question several times a day throughout a week or month so you can get a fair few people. But then if the server doesn't get many people they won't get very far. At least with a poll on a forum, although it's not a perfect solution it can also involve discussion. Even people who don't play on the server much (or at all) can still add something valuable whereas they won't be able to if they're not ingame.

With a poll being on a forum you can just direct people from ingame to it. I don't know if guests can vote on a poll but they can always register anyway.
(08-24-2012, 11:02 PM)Munch link Wrote: Even people who don't play on the server much (or at all) can still add something valuable whereas they won't be able to if they're not ingame.

With a poll being on a forum you can just direct people from ingame to it. I don't know if guests can vote on a poll but they can always register anyway.
Like I said before, players might have reasons not joining the forum. Whatever reasons that could be.

The second thing is that people who don't play in-game at all or anymore, should not get involved with these kind of polls. Why, you might ask, they have been active, so they know their stuff? It's not about knowing your stuff, it's about opinions of the people who play.

If Jay would ask in-game: who wants a new stunt platform? And a very active, regular player X would say: I would like to, since I love stunting. If Jay would ask the same thing on the forum, and a very non-active, 'big mouth-typish' talker Y would say: I wouldn't like it, since I don't like it; who to believe? Your brain says: the players ofcourse, since they play on the server, they play the game!

I don't understand why you need to ask people about their opinion when they have nothing do to with it... if the players want so, why listen to people who don't play at all? That doesn't make sense.

Maybe thats the reason the playercount is dropping: new players can talk all they want; the talkers on the forum decide the shit. Now that's fucked up :)
(08-24-2012, 11:19 PM)cake link Wrote: Like I said before, players might have reasons not joining the forum. Whatever reasons that could be.

The second thing is that people who don't play in-game at all or anymore, should not get involved with these kind of polls. Why, you might ask, they have been active, so they know their stuff? It's not about knowing your stuff, it's about opinions of the people who play.

If Jay would ask in-game: who wants a new stunt platform? And a very active, regular player X would say: I would like to, since I love stunting. If Jay would ask the same thing on the forum, and a very non-active, 'big mouth-typish' talker Y would say: I wouldn't like it, since I don't like it; who to believe? Your brain says: the players ofcourse, since they play on the server, they play the game!

I don't understand why you need to ask people about their opinion when they have nothing do to with it... if the players want so, why listen to people who don't play at all? That doesn't make sense.

Maybe thats the reason the playercount is dropping: new players can talk all they want; the talkers on the forum decide the shit. Now that's fucked up :)

As everyone always is, you're very keen to point out the problem, yet I don't see you proposing a solution.
(08-24-2012, 11:23 PM)n00ne link Wrote: As everyone always is, you're very keen to point out the problem, yet I don't see you proposing a solution.
(08-24-2012, 10:57 PM)cake link Wrote: Developers could just go in-game and ask randomly around: 'Hey player X, what is your opinion on that?', 'Hey player Y, what if we remove the loop-tha-fucking-loop?' Eventually you will have a good view about people their thoughts on stuff, instead of old wankers like us just wasting their time on a bullshit forum :)
Are you the guy that enters the room to prove my point? Your timing is terrible :)

Edit: 104 explosions and 114 boobs, that's A LOT
(08-24-2012, 10:57 PM)cake link Wrote: instead of old wankers like us just wasting their time on a bullshit forum :)

_O-
(08-24-2012, 10:57 PM)cake link Wrote: Developers could just go in-game and ask randomly around: 'Hey player X, what is your opinion on that?', 'Hey player Y, what if we remove the loop-tha-fucking-loop?'

I realise you're just trying to be helpful, but I find it really hard not starting to insult you at this point.
(08-24-2012, 03:24 AM)Weezy link Wrote: [Image: best-iphone-games-2.jpg]
wow thanks for all the informative posts.

The solution is for Zai to stop breaking the rules. Until then I will never stop these posts. Those who dont like it, dont have to read it. The three of you well known players asked me for "PROOF OR STFU" well I've been giving you your proof. Several times. And will continue to do so. "PROOF OR STFU" is what YOU asked for Zai. And now youve got it.

Regardless, when I discover you guys are banned I'm going to post about it.

And thats that - You or your fanboys dont like it? Then stop breaking the server rules :)

What I will say though is that 1 month+ bans are in discussion for the worst of the repeated rule-breakers who refuse to comply. So mark this post Zai...just as I warned you before your ban that the method of deciding on bans for timeout has changed, I'm warning you now that 1 month bans could well be on the way if you keep breaking the same rule. Then you will have to take lots of REALLY long holidays away from your computer to deny that you were ever banned.

Anyhow I've had my say for this ban, I will come back next time you get banned. Take care for now, see you ingame when youre unbanned.
The solution's pretty simple. Make the illegal "laming" techniques legal and they'll stop breaking the rules. :P
didnt read all these vote posts, but yet again tris avoiding my question niceĀ  :w

(08-25-2012, 01:17 AM)Tris link Wrote: wow thanks for all the informative posts.

The solution is for Zai to stop breaking the rules. Until then I will never stop these posts. Those who dont like it, dont have to read it. The three of you well known players asked me for "PROOF OR STFU" well I've been giving you your proof. Several times. And will continue to do so. "PROOF OR STFU" is what YOU asked for Zai. And now youve got it.

where and when and how exactly did i say "PROOF OR STFU" please tell me

(08-25-2012, 01:17 AM)Tris link Wrote: Regardless, when I discover you guys are banned I'm going to post about it.

And thats that - You or your fanboys dont like it? Then stop breaking the server rules :)

What I will say though is that 1 month+ bans are in discussion for the worst of the repeated rule-breakers who refuse to comply. So mark this post Zai...just as I warned you before your ban that the method of deciding on bans for timeout has changed, I'm warning you now that 1 month bans could well be on the way if you keep breaking the same rule. Then you will have to take lots of REALLY long holidays away from your computer to deny that you were ever banned.

Anyhow I've had my say for this ban, I will come back next time you get banned. Take care for now, see you ingame when youre unbanned.

im not banned btw

(08-25-2012, 02:29 AM)Munch link Wrote: The solution's pretty simple. Make the illegal "laming" techniques legal and they'll stop breaking the rules. :P

haha brilliant