Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Euro 2012
Goodbye Netherlands :w
Well, bollocks.
(06-17-2012, 09:17 PM)Jhon link Wrote: Goodbye Netherlands :w

Man the Germany match was intense, especially after the danish  guy scored the 1-1 and Portugal went in the lead with 2-1. It was like, one more goal from Denmark and Germany is knocked out, lol.

Deserved win though, congrats to Lars Bender who scored the 2-1 and brought us into the quarter finals. Funfact - hes only played 16 minutes in that position before (lol), hes usually a midfielder.
Well, in the first half Germany was certainly dominating the game, and even after the 1-1 I wasn't that concerned. When Netherlands scored and then so did Germany, I was like wtf, this can't be happening (NL was just 1 goal from classifying against all odds), but then Portugal ruined their dream.

In the second half, however, Denmark played much better (they even were close enough to send the ball against the post in the 5xth minute). Now that freaked me out, and I was certain that if Germany didn't score quickly, Denmark would end up doing it for them.

In the entire group stage Denmark showed to be a very dangerous team, and they certainly deserved to pass (just like Russia), but well, the other three teams in group B weren't bad either (except for Netherlands, a total disaster). It was indeed a deserved win, and was also real tight, but well, quality ended up wining :) They'll play in quarters against Greece, which SHOULD, under normal conditions, be an easier win (let's not forget Greece won the EURO 2004), so the real challenge will be in semis, assuming Germany will beat Greece.

And last but not least, lol, I bet most NL is hating Ronaldo now, his second goal was like: "Hey can you see me? Are you watching me? Well take this." It was such an easy goal with a good definition. A shame though, I was expecting to see NL go far in the tournament, but football isn't always fair. After being the 2nd best team in the world in 2010, they end up having the worst performance in the EURO 2012, just after Ireland (2 goals scored, 5 received and 0 points).

Now SHitman, your beautiful team helped me win a Germany shirt :D As soon as I get it I'll upload a picture. Hopefully they'll do great against Greece.
And here's me thinking 7/1 for Netherlands to win the Euros was a good bet...good job I didn't put it on. :P

Here's hoping I was also right not to put money on the 14/1 bet for Italy to win the Euros. :)
ITA-IRE today, finally the best italian player who is also my neighbor (Di Natale) will play from the first minute and I seriously hope in a win (and no subtle tricks coming from spain and croatia)
(06-18-2012, 08:00 AM)Gaahl link Wrote: ITA-IRE today, finally the best italian player who is also my neighbor (Di Natale) will play from the first minute and I seriously hope in a win (and no subtle tricks coming from spain and croatia)

He should have played from the start. As much as I love Balotelli he's wasted too many chances that Di Natale would have scored.

I also hope Andy Carroll plays on Tuesday alongside Rooney, rather than Danny Welbeck. Welbeck being from Man United will have a bit of an advantage because Rooney will know him better, but then Andy Carroll has his team's captain playing as England captain so that has an advantage too. Andy Carroll and Rooney both have weight behind them too, so provided that they don't dive (which Carroll does do) that could also work in their favour.

I also hope Oxlade-Chamberlain plays.
Awwwwwwwww Spain is so nice to watch, like they almost enjoy ticking the ball round before eventually making a goal, only if the ball eventually gets ticked near the goal of the opponent.

Their moves and slickness reminds me of Zorro somehow.
(06-18-2012, 08:19 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Awwwwwwwww Spain is so nice to watch, like they almost enjoy ticking the ball round before eventually making a goal, only if the ball eventually gets ticked near the goal of the opponent.

Their moves and slickness reminds me of Zorro somehow.

and then u look at players like busquets iniesta etc.... better than hollywood and best manipulators
SHitmannnnn I already got the shirt :D It's so neat :3 will upload pic soon