Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Opinion on the iPhone 4S
(03-03-2012, 12:31 AM)Danny link Wrote: I don't have a smartphone personally, but my brother's got an Android phone, and the best thing imo is the free GPS, which I believe you have to pay for on iOS.

its free on iOS too
Quad core phones coming out soon, HTC One X is quad core 1.5 GHz and comes out in april..
HTC ftw
(03-03-2012, 12:01 PM)AzKiller link Wrote: HTC ftw

iPhone FTW!!
AzKiller FTW!!!!
Love my 4S  :>
I'll soonish buy an iPod Touch. I currently have a kind of old Android phone (a Samsung Galaxy Next- S5570), which I mainly use to surf the internet, call and send text messages.

I'd really like a better and faster mobile device, to have a wider range of apps to download (my Samsung doesn't support many of the newest apps, and playing games is a pain), to listen to music, to take cool photos and videos, to read eBooks, and stuff.

I can't (and don't want to) afford an iPhone, and since iPod Touch's almost all iPhone features besides mobile phone services, I'll probably use that at home and when I'm on vacation, and keep my good ol' Samsung in the pocket when I'm away with friends.

199€ vs. 659€. And yes, 8GB is enough for me.
Ya'll really don't have anything better to do with your money than getting a new "smart"phone every couple of months?

Ooh ooh I needs to get new apps and defo play fucking GTA on my mobile device or I'm gonna die haha.

i(diot)Generation lol.
(03-04-2012, 06:31 PM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: Ya'll really don't have anything better to do with your money than getting a new "smart"phone every couple of months?

Ooh ooh I needs to get new apps and defo play fucking GTA on my mobile device or I'm gonna die haha.

i(diot)Generation lol.

Yes  :>
(03-04-2012, 06:31 PM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: Ya'll really don't have anything better to do with your money than getting a new "smart"phone every couple of months?

i(diot)Generation lol.
I've had my HTC Desire for over 1,5 years now (it was released over 2 years ago) and I haven't had the need to change it to a newer smartphone and I'm not planning to in the near future. It does all the same things as a i(Crap)Phone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S2 or any other high-end smartphone around nowadays (calling, texting, surfing net, playing games etc.). It might not have as fast a processor as those new phones but u barely notice it in a normal use.

I've compared my Desire with my friends iPhone 4S and u really don't see any significant difference between them. It's only when u start doing heavy multitasking (opening 5 tabs on internet browser+a video and some music running in the background) when the desire starts to lag and slow down but c'mon who the hell does all that on a phone at the same time? The desire only cost 400 euros when I bought it 1,5 years ago and I still could sell it to someone for around 200 euros. That's pretty good value for a 2-year old phone.

The fact is that smartphones haven't really got any better in the past 2-3 years. They've only improved them a bit (improving the CPU, memory, storage and other things a bit but nothing drastic) in that time but nothing really innovative. After making the touch screens work properly there haven't really been any big improvements to the smartphones. The only thing I'm looking forward are those 3D phones which probably are worth purchasing after 2-3 years.

TL;DR version:
Buying a $600+ smartphone nowadays is idiotic since there's $300-$400 smartphones around which'll do all the same things as good as the more expensive ones. If u need to do heavy multitasking or play some high-end games just use a goddamn computer. A phone is meant for calling and texting primarily, occasional surfing and checking e-mail, use it for that.