Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Popular games seem to suck...
Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast pwn all so suck my panda penus  :>
Games like Spyro and Medievil are a couple of the reasons I think PS was relatively equal to the N64.
I'd still favour the N64 due to Goldeneye, Zelda: OOT, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, SuperMario 64 and so on.
Both Playstation and N64 were awesome but PS1 edges out due to it catering more towards adult games and just having more games in general.
But the 90's was the best decade for gaming, you had the snes/genesis battling it out in the early 90's,FPS's coming into their own on the PC with games like Doom and Hexen and Duke Nukem 3D, Mortal Kombat and Doom really starting to put violence in video games on a mainstream level, Network gaming and mods kickstarting with Doom......Doom period basically  8)

Then the late 90's you had 3D gaming kickstarting, the PS1 and N64 kicking ass, online gaming really coming into it's own on the PC with games such as Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, Survival horror jumpstarting with Resident Evil and Silent Hill, 3D beat em ups with Tekken and Dead or Alive...

Now what do you have? retarted motion sensor games, cover based walls, regenerating health, quick time events, bullet time and every major game looking and playing the same..... yeah no thanks
(02-03-2012, 09:58 AM)Vinnie link Wrote: Both Playstation and N64 were awesome but PS1 edges out due to it catering more towards adult games and just having more games in general.
But the 90's was the best decade for gaming, you had the snes/genesis battling it out in the early 90's,FPS's coming into their own on the PC with games like Doom and Hexen and Duke Nukem 3D, Mortal Kombat and Doom really starting to put violence in video games on a mainstream level, Network gaming and mods kickstarting with Doom......Doom period basically  8)

Then the late 90's you had 3D gaming kickstarting, the PS1 and N64 kicking ass, online gaming really coming into it's own on the PC with games such as Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, Survival horror jumpstarting with Resident Evil and Silent Hill, 3D beat em ups with Tekken and Dead or Alive...

Now what do you have? retarted motion sensor games, cover based walls, regenerating health, quick time events, bullet time and every major game looking and playing the same..... yeah no thanks
I agree 100% with Vincent well said cobba :7 I still play alot of the old games, Infact I completed all of the episodes on the original Doom a few weeks ago :P Its a kick ass game and series, I also own all of the Unreal Tournaments except for the latest one I have played it just aint brought it also another good series, and also used to play Quake 3 online searching for Craig Jones from Slipknot hehe He used to play it online :P
@Vinnie - I understand where you're coming from with regards to the PS1, but you have to take into account that PS1 was for the early age > early teens, as our gaming experiences from N64, SNES, Dreamcast, Sega as a KID got us into the more intense gaming such as PS1/PS2, therefore N64 is a top for me.

Games like Zelda and Mario World are just top class genius, and as a small kid you get hooked to it and when an enemy comes you get scared shitless but STILL play it (kinda like cartoon network as a start towards kid shows) and that's what made the impact on me. If I had the time, I could seriously download an emulator and sit and play Zelda OOT and MM all over again, fucking legendary.

That doesn't go to say that the new PC/PS3/360 games aren't good, that's abit too far .... they are just in the new level of technology, which in 20 years will be even higher, making games like COD and BF look "oldschool".
(02-03-2012, 09:58 AM)Vinnie link Wrote: Both Playstation and N64 were awesome but PS1 edges out due to it catering more towards adult games and just having more games in general.

Uhh N64 - Conker's Bad Fur Day, motherfucker!
Get@me!
(02-03-2012, 03:01 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Uhh N64 - Conker's Bad Fur Day, motherfucker!
Get@me!

Getting@you;

http://maddolisweloveyou.smfforfree2.com...c,2.0.html

Anyone remember that? Heheh.

Anyway, on topic; Maka approves.
(02-03-2012, 05:50 PM)Maka link Wrote: Getting@you;

http://maddolisweloveyou.smfforfree2.com...c,2.0.html

Anyone remember that? Heheh.

Anyway, on topic; Maka approves.
Hehe nice forum :D
(02-03-2012, 03:01 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Uhh N64 - Conker's Bad Fur Day, motherfucker!
Get@me!
Fuck yeah that game kicked ass :D
I'm not saying the PS1 DIDN'T have games centered towards kids because it certainly did "Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Pandemonium etc) it just had more mature rated games in general and their the ones that kept my interest more (Legacy of Kain series, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Nightmare Creatures Resident Evil, Silent Hill to name a few)
Of course i don't think EVERY modern game sucks as that is just narrow minded, it's just that i can count great new releases per year on barely two hands, whereas back then the number of great games per year would at least double the number of great modern games per year.
(02-04-2012, 03:36 AM)Vinnie link Wrote: I'm not saying the PS1 DIDN'T have games centered towards kids because it certainly did "Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Pandemonium etc) it just had more mature rated games in general and their the ones that kept my interest more (Legacy of Kain series, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Nightmare Creatures Resident Evil, Silent Hill to name a few)
Of course i don't think EVERY modern game sucks as that is just narrow minded, it's just that i can count great new releases per year on barely two hands, whereas back then the number of great games per year would at least double the number of great modern games per year.
I agree, In my opinion they put to much effort into new games to make them the best and if you are a PC gamer most new games you need a shit-hot PC to run them on which is bullshit some 12 year old nerd isn't gonna be able to afford a PC like that unless his a mummy and daddy's boy I have always had a semi-decent PC because my dad did it for a living but not he doesnt I havent upgraded my PC in 4 years or so, The newest game I have is the new Duke Nukem which I stopped playing because its dissapointing I contantly install and re-install my old games because they are better and more fun, new games are just terrible, I went to my mates to play COD MW3 its the same as MW2 pretty much if you want a good game make something stable and don't try to hard me and my dad play Wolfenstein ET online we have servers modded and shit its more fun then COD which is full of cockstains.