Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

What is the hardest language to learn?
(09-20-2010, 06:32 PM)Darkness link Wrote: OMG MAN pffs u dont get it do u ?
being teached ENGLISH IS EZIER THAN BEING TEACHED ARABIC OR CHINESE :O
a 80 years old can learn english but cnt learn chinese :D thats wat im talking about

Being taught English isn't easier than being taught Arabic or Chinese. You can say that because YOU CAN SPEAK ENGLISH but you may not speak Arabic or Chinese. If you speak perfect or good enough Arabic or Chinese you'll say they're easy to learn because YOU CAN SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

There are many many people in England (not retards) who struggle with the English language even after finishing school.
i speak arabic and thats why im telling u its hard im not saying Arabic Grammar is hard while i dnt no shit abt it xD
thats why im telling u Arabic is hard cuz i have experience learning it and i can say its hard while its my first language
Arabic Grammar is complicated and full of things while English grammar isnt hard
(09-20-2010, 06:19 PM)Nanook link Wrote: C++.

Come on... that is super easy to learn
Well yeah Arabic is really hard, learning written and verbal arabic is like 2 different languages.

But I've also heard of English being the hardest to learn for foreigners, you guys may find it easy but if you compare to a language like Spanish (which uses something like only 5 sounds for the whole language and has words that describe many things) and the amount of irregular verbs it is really difiicult.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...502AAT63vT

An intresting point in the answer there is that the average English speaker has a vocabulary bigger than some languages whole vocabularies.

You may think you have a good grasp of the English language but thereĀ  are a vast array of words I could use now that you will never have heardĀ  of.

Without googling (yeah sure you didn't) could you tell me why buzz or hiss is an onomatopoeia - one of my fave words.

Edit: Oh, and the last sentence in that Yahoo answer just owns you all.
There are no hard languages - I can speak 3 languages fluently + learning Deutsch (German) at the moment.
Summary of this topic: there is not a language that holds the title of ''hardest language to learn'' because it totally depends on your native language and where/how you grew up. I grew up with more english then the average teenager because I went to Canada a couple of times, I play(ed) alot of (online) games, I watch(ed) alot of english shows/movies, with and without subtitles, and I am posting on english forums since I was 13-14. Therefore I speak english better then the average teenager here. And no, I am not trying to brag about my english. -_-

Sidenote: I actually suck at other languages, I never get/got good grades for german and french. I bet if (for example) my father would've been german, I could speak it fluently, or atleast better then I do now.
most usefull languages to learn are spanish and english (knowing them you can move around without problems), but i repeat if you want to learn a hard language, learn euskera
spanish? no. i'd say german or russian. spanish is only if you wanna go to spain, portugal, mexico, chile etc
Top spoken languages:

1 Mandarin Sino-Tibetan China, Malaysia, Taiwan
2 English Indo-European USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand
3 Spanish Indo-European Mexico, Central and South America, Spain

Further down...

5 Russian Indo-European Russia, Central Asia

11 German Indo-European Germany, Austria, Central Europe

If I was you, I wouldn't learn a language for the sake of learning a language. I'd learn it to help you either in later life or whenever.
(09-20-2010, 09:33 PM)XiZ link Wrote: spanish? no. i'd say german or russian. spanish is only if you wanna go to spain, portugal, mexico, chile etc
lol you must be kidding me xD
50% of USA talk spanish, 90% of south america talks spanish... Spain was a conqueror country, lot of people talk spanish everywhere.
Even on asia & africa they start learning spanish at the schools