any1 knows about Hebrew? is it hard enough? :D
(09-20-2010, 09:34 PM)Danny link Wrote: Top spoken languages:

1 Mandarin Sino-Tibetan China, Malaysia, Taiwan
2 English Indo-European USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand
3 Spanish Indo-European Mexico, Central and South America, Spain

Further down...

5 Russian Indo-European Russia, Central Asia

11 German Indo-European Germany, Austria, Central Europe

If I was you, I wouldn't learn a language for the sake of learning a language. I'd learn it to help you either in later life or whenever.

The reason Chinese it at the top, however, is because China has like billions of people living in it, whereas English and Spanish are spoken all over the world.
(09-20-2010, 09:52 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: any1 knows about Hebrew? is it hard enough? :D
hebrew its a dead language like Aramaic
(09-20-2010, 10:00 PM)yeray link Wrote: hebrew its a dead language like Aramaic
a better example would've been LATIN

anyway, dunno, im not gonna go study in spain or south america. i'd go to germany, england, usa, russia(leaaaaast likely, but their bulgarians' homies so i gotta respect em),italy or france. england/usa most likely, then france cause my "r" is a french "r". i just cant say it properly(can't be heard in english since its a silent r here).
Take it from me, I've lived here for 8 years - don't go to France.
I'd say if you grew up speaking English you're pretty much fucked when it comes to learning certain languages because you don't grow up being able to pronounce some things that say the Germans can say or Dutch, or whoever. But I've also grown up learning (by some very bad sources) that English was the hardest language to learn because of all the slang and different ways to say certain things, plus the all around diversity of our words. But in reality it does only matter what language you grew up speaking because that pretty much makes it either easier or harder to learn certain languages.
Try Spanish , the perfect language!
I'm Australian so i have perfect English skills.

yay me.
English was hard for me at first, but now is not hard for me to write it or speak it.

Spaans is gemakkelijk te leren, omdat het in verband met Engels
(09-21-2010, 03:12 AM)SaDist link Wrote: Spaans is gemakkelijk te leren, omdat het in verband met Engels
Spaans is gemakkelijk te leren, omdat het op het engels lijkt.