Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Why nowdays the servers is not populated as used to?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SA-MP 0.3?
56.00%
28 56.00%
Server rules?
14.00%
7 14.00%
Boring, nothing new came lately?
20.00%
10 20.00%
Other, I will post right now...
10.00%
5 10.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Less players
(08-01-2010, 04:04 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: I'm glad that people no longer get forum bans for posting swastikas.

Was thinking the same. :P
Reason why there is less players:
1. Players themsleves.
2. Admins.
3. Bann's
4. You.
And 5. People have issues with samp thinking it's old and boring.

-Jinks.
Before the Official List, this server was populated by word-of-mouth. There were a lot of great people on here who were loyal to the server and played here a lot. When LVP was put on the Official List, everyone was so excited because of the huge burst in player count. It was difficult to get ingame at some points because the server was full. All of these new players didn't get along well with the old loyal ones, and the old guys left. LVP enjoyed these higher player counts for a while and it inflated the crew; admins and mods also had to be hard-asses to keep the incompetent crowds under control. The official list was removed, the player numbers came down, the old loyalists never came back, and the crew (all 40-something of them) were still hard asses on the players that remained.

This spelled a recipe for a (massive) un-popular server with all these (now) unused features. New players are driven away by those who think they're 'oldfags' and try to be bad asses. The crew are still hard on players, even on those who don't know the rules and are new. The punishments don't fit the population anymore, such as making an example of someone by banning them for saying 'nigger' doesn't work anymore. All and all, the cohesiveness of the 'community' doesn't exist anymore. People just come here to play alone and the intra-server networking of friends is almost non-existent (evidence: nearly no large gangs that are stable).

If one were to go to the Hosted Tab they would find that the top populated servers are role play oriented. This is probably because the world is getting more liberal, saying it's okay to be gay, and kids are growing up soft and can't handle the stress of being insulted or gang-rushed. All I hear ingame now is "[2,3,4,5, or 6]v1, not fair!".  :roll: I think they like all the gameplay rules of the RP servers so they don't get killed out of no where.
(08-01-2010, 03:18 AM)Sophia link Wrote: Many have increased their player count also. Many servers these days with over 300 players on them thanks to the increased player count 0.3 allows.

Problem with LVP is simple,  simple gamemode thats terribly out of date that was carried by it being once of the few servers on the 'offical' tab.. combined with terrible management who simply don't care and the terrible admin quality over the last 12 months (wasn't always that bad) enforcing and punishing for things a new player would have no idea about.. including such things shiplaming...

True, ship laming/hacking rules should be stated better. Such as when you hack people think they're gonna get a warning kick. Nope, /bantehfuckinnoob.

As for "Shiplaming", hardly any control over that. Should just be stated better as well. Maybe a better system as well such as "shoot someone on the ship twice immediate jail" and "Stand next to the rail for 5-9 seconds it auto TP
s you to the dock or in middle of the rail as punishment, so they can shoot the fuck out of you.  :>

But the player count has extended a bit since the server IP was posted on the front page so I thank who ever did that.

[Edit] Mike, well said. +5 But if you think this then why don't your ass come back?  :>
(08-01-2010, 05:54 AM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: True, ship laming/hacking rules should be stated better. Such as when you hack people think they're gonna get a warning kick. Nope, /bantehfuckinnoob.

As for "Shiplaming", hardly any control over that. Should just be stated better as well. Maybe a better system as well such as "shoot someone on the ship twice immediate jail" and "Stand next to the rail for 5-9 seconds it auto TP
s you to the dock or in middle of the rail as punishment, so they can shoot the fuck out of you.  :>

But the player count has extended a bit since the server IP was posted on the front page so I thank who ever did that.

[Edit] Mike, well said. +5 But if you think this then why don't your ass come back?  :>
Love the fact that you drop a huge-ass post suggesting what could be changed in the gamemode, yet you still don't realize that it's not the gamemode which causes the lack of players (apparently you joined SA-MP after 0.3a was released in this case).

Mike already stated everything (along with some people), but let's repeat it so there won't be anymore complaints about the gamemode. Despite how much I don't give a shit about SA-MP nowadays, I have to still tell that it's all because of the official list removal. You see, 0.3a has a hosted list, a list showing you more than 200+ servers. 0.2x had an official list, which showed only up to 7 servers. Let's say someone would be new to SA-MP, and he wants to play it as soon as possible. What would he do? Open up the internet list to search up to 500+ servers (30% of them have 0 players) or it would be a better idea to open up the official list, where at least every server has 60+ players? Obviously every newbie would choose option no. 2. But now, there is no more official list, you can even barely find LVP in the hosted list, every newbie would click on the server which popped up first.
So the argument "LVP doesn't have players because of a shitty gamemode" is just plain stupid. It just shows that the person who thinks that joined SA-MP after 0.3 release.
(08-01-2010, 10:16 AM)Mark link Wrote: Love the fact that you drop a huge-ass post suggesting what could be changed in the gamemode, yet you still don't realize that it's not the gamemode which causes the lack of players (apparently you joined SA-MP after 0.3a was released in this case).

I've been here much before 0.3a. This is not my first account in LVP. I'm fully aware of the older version on a bad day it would rarely get below 100 players, also the old jailing system was much better and less lame, you would get stranded on an island with a sand storm and also punching would not add more time to your sentence to jail. The older release also ran better performance and I would definitely prefer it over the new 0.3a.

0.3a is trash with horrible sync and on its plus side it handles a higher load of players objects and vehicles. So please, gtfo.
Heh yeah, the desert island jail is "oldskool" now.
If it's so obvious that LVP has less players because of "official tab" then why come other servers (some stunt, cops and robbers) are always full of players?
(08-01-2010, 01:39 PM)durrrr link Wrote: If it's so obvious that LVP has less players because of "official tab" then why come other servers (some stunt, cops and robbers) are always full of players?

because stunt & roleplaying is a hundred times more popular than dming
(08-01-2010, 01:43 PM)Hitman link Wrote: because stunt & roleplaying is a hundred times more popular than dming

Most RPer's are hax0rz.  :X