Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Taking several minutes before I can use the computer
So here it is, since a few weeks, I have to wait like 3-5 minutes before I can use my computer. It wasn't like this before.

I was thinking it may have to do with some virus. My brother was at a lanparty some weeks ago, just before it started happening. One of those guys had a worm and there was a chance it got to him. After he got home, he connected with the network at home again and so I may have got it as well. I scanned with 2 different programs, they found like 3 things of which 2 were trojan horses I believe. It got removed and all but ever since I've been having this.

Weirdest thing is, if I use my computer before it's "done"(I can start FF or so, only some things don't work), I'll get a blue screen after like 10 minutes.

Any ideas what it might be?
(06-30-2009, 07:17 PM)Richard link Wrote: So here it is, since a few weeks, I have to wait like 3-5 minutes before I can use my computer. It wasn't like this before.

I was thinking it may have to do with some virus. My brother was at a lanparty  (internet dwellers meet irl)some weeks ago, just before it started happening.

Weirdest thing is, if I use my computer before it's "done"(I can start FF or so, only some things don't work), I'll get a blue screen after like 10 minutes.

Uh oh how old is ur bro ?

About blue screen , my class mate had it hes into PC's and other crap , he loves PC's alot , but he didint identify the problem why he had a blue screen to , but as i remember i think he reinstaled windows and it was gone , or he had to bought one shity thing for his PC..Like change one part..
The last time I had a blue screen everytime was because my video card wasn't in right(after I put it in right it stopped, so I just guess that was the reason).

And, he's 20 and those were real life friends he was with. ;)
As far as i know you work irl , so i suggest u take ur comp to a pro comp fixer , becouse i disbelief that u will get some help here , well u might cuz here alot of PC nerds. But its better to take it pro fixer ;x , did u try to do enythin like turn enything when u get blue screen ?
Re-install sa-mp  :P
(06-30-2009, 07:25 PM)Zezima link Wrote: As far as i know you work irl , so i suggest u take ur comp to a pro comp fixer , becouse i disbelief that u will get some help here , well u might cuz here alot of PC nerds. But its better to take it pro fixer ;x , did u try to do enythin like turn enything when u get blue screen ?

Turn anything?

(06-30-2009, 07:28 PM)TR1pin link Wrote: Re-install sa-mp  :P

Yeah thanks for the help..
Wooooow Tr1pin this has nothing to do with sa-mp.
Well, might just be that you have shitloads of things that starts when starting your computer, WP, IRC, MSN etc.
If you know you don't, just ignore this post :+
Talking with Hitman @ IRC, he said the same. But I don't think I have installed much shortly before it happened. And I disabled some stuff sometime ago.

But I'll look through and turn some stuff of if needed.
How can a PC show blue screen , when u have to mutch programs on , that doesn't make sence at all.. The problem is somewhere deeper