Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Taking several minutes before I can use the computer
(06-30-2009, 08:28 PM)Zezima link Wrote: How can a PC show blue screen , when u have to mutch programs on , that doesn't make sence at all.. The problem is somewhere deeper
Because it's to much for the computer at one time, so it crashes, and shows the bluescreen.
(06-30-2009, 08:09 PM)Lithirm link Wrote: Well, might just be that you have shitloads of things that starts when starting your computer, WP, IRC, MSN etc.
If you know you don't, just ignore this post :+

^^

any background software running? :+
I disabled like half the stuff starting before, so no :P
Download hijackthis and show the log here. Also, this startup controlpanel program can help you find and change what's starting up automatically.

A great and free antimalware program is Malwarebytes.
I used hijackthis earlier today, but Hitman didn't really tell me what to do after :+
I had some other program telling me what's starting and
(06-30-2009, 11:09 PM)Richard link Wrote: I disabled like half the stuff starting before, so no :P

(06-30-2009, 11:44 PM)Chillosophy link Wrote: A great and free antimalware program is Malwarebytes.

Thanks, I'll try it!

Edit: wow, found 45 things :/

Still slow though @ startup, takes long still. :'(
This is happening at the startup right? When you startup, open task manager go to processes tab and look for the stuff that takes the most of your cpu and memory, if you spot something weird like weird named .exe file loading your cpu and ram the most, and 100%, that must be a trojan/virus. Try "End process", terminate it and see if that helps, if it does then go into searching for it in google (with the name of the .exe) and find some solutions for it if not, go into search and search for the .exe, if found, remove it. then go into registry (go to start->run and type regedit) search for the file name in the registry and if found remove everything related to it. but that doesnt always remove the trojan/virus, as i had something similar that was very annoying and i couldnt remove it for some time, i had to go through a lot of stuff which is far more advanced.

i hope this helps you
You could always perform a clean Windows install instead of wasting days trying to fix your computer :) Ofcourse, remember to backup everything.
I'll try Strika, thanks.

Chillo: Yeah Hitman said that too, but I rather not have to backup all the stuff, so I'll try to fix it first.

Edit: Tried now, Strika. Nothing weird. 2 big ones: explorer.exe and Setpoint.exe, both fine.
Just before I could "use" my PC again, guard.exe suddenly took 99% of my CPU, after that it went down again. I googled it and it seems to be a part of AVG.
your last chance would be go to a techie, but the probability will be that all he will suggest or do is just reinstall your os.
perhaps you're running out of HD space?