Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Taking several minutes before I can use the computer
4.33 GB available. I recently uninstalled some stuff taking space. I only got like 45 GB total tho :+
I had a school laptop, and when I first got it it was really quick to start up. After some time it started to startup slow, like you've been saying. And all I did is took it to the school tec guys and they re-imaged it and it started perfectly. If it comes to a last resourt I'd say re-image
Wow, everyone already stated the suggestions I would give, the only thing left is:

Disk Cleanup, Disk Defrag, and one last one: go to start > the search bar and type %temp% and delete all those, other than that I'm stumped, estroe, I have never experienced anything like that. :S
I don't want to lose all the stuff that's on it :X

@TeEjAy: It was only 21MB, but, gone.

(07-04-2009, 04:56 AM)TR1pin link Wrote: I had a school laptop, and when I first got it it was really quick to start up. After some time it started to startup slow, like you've been saying. And all I did is took it to the school tec guys and they re-imaged it and it started perfectly. If it comes to a last resourt I'd say re-image

I've been having it for several years, so that may be it. What exactly is re-imaging?
(07-04-2009, 01:30 PM)Richard link Wrote: I don't want to lose all the stuff that's on it :X

@TeEjAy: It was only 21MB, but, gone.

I've been having it for several years, so that may be it. What exactly is re-imaging?

Re-imaging is, putting computer back to fatory settings? Is that it?
I think he means re-installing the computer. That indeed always makes it very faster, but you will need to backup before you reinstall windows ofcourse.
Yeah so basically a fresh install. I'd like to keep my stuff as I said, so I'll try not to. And, if I will have to after all, I may just buy a completely new comp.
(07-04-2009, 01:39 PM)Richard link Wrote: Yeah so basically a fresh install. I'd like to keep my stuff as I said, so I'll try not to. And, if I will have to after all, I may just buy a completely new comp.
or just buy an external hardrive with enough space to backup? :P that would be cheaper
Yeah true, but I've been thinking about it before to just get a totally new one, so this may be a good opportunity for it.
go for it thenĀ  :>