Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] The cost of using commands
bad idea......moving this to open discussion that is.
Why's that? Aren't you interested in seeing what the community of LVP thinks? I suggested that it be done because I had an idea that I wanted considered, and it was frustrating that the 'future' of this area of LVP was being decided and looked upon only by an half dozen people.
I know Mike, I have seen your idea and I like it. And yes, I am interested in seeing what the community of LVP thinks. That's not my reasoning for saying this should not be in open discussion.  ;)
Maybe our best option is to create a poll with lots of different options. In that case it would really filter out the ones that people really do support. But on the other hand I know that the majority is gonna vote for leaving it as it is, cause they are just way too spoiled to actually start using cars, bikes or planes.

This is a subject which actually needs the radical ways of action by the management / developers. I am pretty sure the regulars will get used to the changes in no time and if they don't - screw them, better off without you, you ungrateful bastards. Plus the new players just can't expect that they can play this game basically using only commands most of the time, my guess is that when a new player starts playing SA-MP, he/she actually expects this mod to be as close as possible is to the original.

So what I am trying to say is, instead of pushing the gameplay far away from the original GTA:SA, focus more on the elements which the original game has to offer, try to bring back the atmosphere that we all liked about the game in the first place.

Discuss.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
Aye, another reason is that the commands mean you're never really safe. If you drive out into the middle of nowhere, you'd think you're safe. But it only takes someone $25,000 and you could be dead.. a little harsh.

I wouldn't mind at all removing the teleport command, and creating some kind of teleport 'request' feature -- both the teleporter and the person they're teleporting to should have to accept -- and throw the price up to something like $50,000 or even $100,000 -- do you think a teleporter would ever be this cheap if one actually was created? :+
(07-22-2008, 12:19 PM)tomozj link Wrote: Aye, another reason is that the commands mean you're never really safe. If you drive out into the middle of nowhere, you'd think you're safe. But it only takes someone $25,000 and you could be dead.. a little harsh.

I wouldn't mind at all removing the teleport command, and creating some kind of teleport 'request' feature -- both the teleporter and the person they're teleporting to should have to accept -- and throw the price up to something like $50,000 or even $100,000 -- do you think a teleporter would ever be this cheap if one actually was created? :+

Actually I was thinking about the request / accept thing myself few days ago, but then something came up and I forgot to post it here. To be honest it makes perfectly sense. Teleporting should be a feature that isn't meant to be a tactical advantage. Let's say that I have to get a plane/chopper in order to fly on some rooftop to get a good sniping position but at the same time some random bloke can just get to me in 2 secs for 25000 USD and smoke me from behind.

Same goes to /ctp, it also prevents unnecessary people joining the cruise to mess it up.

If someone will explain me how in the hell that doesn't kill the gameplay then I am willing to cook him/her a chocolate cake.

And if you are about to start the talk about how sniping is lame and bla bla bla then you might as well do something else.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.

(07-22-2008, 12:41 PM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: And if you are about to start the talk about how sniping is lame and bla bla bla then you might as well do something else.

Regardless, that would be an irrelevant thing to whine about here. ;)
I agree and disagree with you HoogerBooger.

Situation: Lets say someone is new in the server and starts with $2500 the first thing he wants to do is earning some money and after a while he notice the ship is the place to be for money. So he's going to the ship with a car / bike. But suddenly a RICH person tp or ctp to him! So he runs but that person has a fast car / bike so he's able to shoot his car down. Now he's standing in front of a person with spawnweapons, lots of money and the skills, the new one has a deagle no money and no skills so he gets owned. The rich person is having fun so he keeps tping or ctping to the poor one. When he needs to wait for teleporting (6 min.) or carteleporting (3min.) he uses the command: /whereis or /locate. And he's able to find the blib from the poor one and keeps shooting him down.

Conclusion:
1) In this situation I think the taxi command should be the same for the poor one.
2) But it may be usefull to put the prizes of tping and ctping higher.

Greetz
Your Friend,

GTA_Rules
Im all in for removing the teleport function
I think the price shouldn't be increased because commands like /tp and /ctp are handy when there are gang wars at place likee the gang base. So if the prices were like 500 000 then people simply wouldn't be able to teleport to help their gang mates..

But on the other hand the taxi command should be made so you can use it like only every 5 minutes so newbies don't run away from you when you are attacking them.