Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] The cost of using commands
(07-19-2008, 12:02 PM)Jay link Wrote: Do you mind not going offtopic? If you have a suggestion, make another topic.

nah...its just little suggestion beside the topic is all about the commands nothing more
Let's face it, my idea would work, if you really get an urge to use the commands then you'll withdraw the money for it, easy as that.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
no offend, but the idea was for regulars only who have lots of money in their bank, i think its not fair for new player considering that those commands are very useful for them
That's why the idea of gradually increasing the cost of using commands would increase as their total ingame time increases. This takes care of both sides of the argument here.
(07-19-2008, 09:00 PM)Mike link Wrote: That's why the idea of gradually increasing the cost of using commands would increase as their total ingame time increases. This takes care of both sides of the argument here.

Well yes, but then it has to increase A LOT, about +2000 $ won't make absolutely any difference, we should be talking about at least hundreds of thousands Dollars here...

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
An idea is actually lowering the bank limit to $100 million, and then leaving other prices untouched. It'd mean these people sitting on top of millions would be lowered a bit thus meaning they wouldn't use these teleporting commands at every possible chance, and new players won't find it too hard to meet the prices.
Although I would not totally agree to the pricing you've put up (slightly too high imo), I must say the idea sounds interesting. I personally am not much of a dm-er, spend most of my time doing other things that you could call RP-ing or just driving. You certainly have a point when saying people should drive/fly from point A to point B rather than use a command to get there. Hopefully something will actually happen with this suggestion.

(07-18-2008, 09:26 AM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: Then it's just a bad day for you if you manage to withdraw all your cash and actually get killed shortly after. If that really happens, then I think you deserved it haha.

Like when I was withdrawing some money, someone starts shooting me with a deagle, I stop typing in the middle (/withdraw), press enter (all money withdraws) and before managing to aim at the guy's body, I'm lying dead on the ground. Probably some noob who managed to earn 250 million-ish just of a kill :(
(07-20-2008, 05:03 PM)Felle link Wrote: Like when I was withdrawing some money, someone starts shooting me with a deagle, I stop typing in the middle (/withdraw), press enter (all money withdraws) and before managing to aim at the guy's body, I'm lying dead on the ground. Probably some noob who managed to earn 250 million-ish just of a kill :(

:o

Very bad say there my friend.
How about, if there are gun shots from within 5-7 ft, those commnads /taxi and /dive and others are disabled? And if you get hit from further than that, they get disabled for over about a minute after that shot?
(07-20-2008, 10:56 PM)Feodaran link Wrote: How about, if there are gun shots from within 5-7 ft, those commnads /taxi and /dive and others are disabled? And if you get hit from further than that, they get disabled for over about a minute after that shot?

A minute is a bit much imo, say you have a fight, you win it. It was a close fight, you're down on health, you want to get health @ ship by doing '/taxi 0' But you have to wait a minute..