Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] The cost of using commands
yea a minute its just to much, but they are not geting taxi disable who uses taxi abuse??
How about after 60 hours online the prices go up by 15k?

Giving new players 60 hours to earn some nice cash would be a good enough time. Right?
(07-20-2008, 05:03 PM)Felle link Wrote: Although I would not totally agree to the pricing you've put up (slightly too high imo), I must say the idea sounds interesting. I personally am not much of a dm-er, spend most of my time doing other things that you could call RP-ing or just driving. You certainly have a point when saying people should drive/fly from point A to point B rather than use a command to get there. Hopefully something will actually happen with this suggestion.

Glad that I am not the only one having this point of view. I miss the good old days when there were gangs driving to the fights, a lot of gang cars all over the city...you hardly see any of that these days since we are now playing the Grand Theft Command  :(

(07-21-2008, 03:51 AM)Chris5170xD link Wrote: How about after 60 hours online the prices go up by 15k?

Giving new players 60 hours to earn some nice cash would be a good enough time. Right?

I think 15k doesn't really make any difference, it's just too small amount of money on LVP...

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
Gangs do drive to gang fights  8)7

People like the taxi/teleport the way it is. If people are forced to drive they will get bored, especially if the nearest vehicle is something like a Yosemite or something slower.

I do however think there should be some boundries on the system. Perhaps we could disable teleports to within the gang base, or even increase the lime limit to 8 minutes?

In 2.90 we want to introduce new money earning/spending methods, and by increasing the price this much will simply cause another 'Great Depression' (the last one when the properties earnings where awful & interest was removed before 2.80). It dosn't matter how much it is, people will still use teleport/taxi.
yea agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You lazy spoiled bastards.

Sorry.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.

If you meant that apology you would remove what you said. Its not that we are lazy, its just that we like it.
I guess these commands have a inelastic price/demand -- meaning we can't do much about how many users use it. For example: cigarets. It doesn't matter if the government tax them more, people will still buy them. You have to put the price up dramatically to make much of a difference, not something good.

I think we should just cut people from sitting on top of large sums of money -- such as putting that money under risk. I'm sure we'll come up with something. :)
(07-21-2008, 03:08 PM)tomozj link Wrote: I guess these commands have a inelastic price/demand -- meaning we can't do much about how many users use it. For example: cigarets. It doesn't matter if the government tax them more, people will still buy them. You have to put the price up dramatically to make much of a difference, not something good.

I think we should just cut people from sitting on top of large sums of money -- such as putting that money under risk. I'm sure we'll come up with something. :)

You have a good skill putting my thoughts into words.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
(07-21-2008, 09:21 AM)Jay link Wrote: Gangs do drive to gang fights  8)7
I do however think there should be some boundries on the system. Perhaps we could disable teleports to within the gang base, or even increase the lime limit to 8 minutes?

The "disable commands" subject for the gang base. We've been on that subject since ages ago, so wouldn't that be nice to implant too?
At least all the people who are afraid to die (in a game for christ sake) wouldn't be able to /taxi away. I mean, why would you buy a gang base anyway if you aren't willing to fight for it?

Anyway, the players (especially new people) should be able to use the /taxi commands with a fair price.

Too bad all of this awesome deathmatch stuff has turned into a game of "Who can call the taxi the quickest."
Whenever you fight someone in-game they end up running for the ship (if fighting on the center of the strip) or either /taxi away, and talk some bullshit that doesn't even make sense 75% of the time.

Thank god that we (being the crew) can disable someone's teleport commands tho, that was really a good invention and useful.

But still, that wouldn't change it for that much. Especially when you start noticing they just invent another way of being lame.

(07-21-2008, 03:08 PM)tomozj link Wrote: I think we should just cut people from sitting on top of large sums of money -- such as putting that money under risk. I'm sure we'll come up with something. :)

That sounds quite interesting.