Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Suggestion] The cost of using commands
I do agree with HoogerBooger in the part that Teleporting should be considered a luxury, and should require more money.

But not taxi, because taxi only takes you to certain parts of San Andreas, not specific parts.
either way the /taxi command was made to go to places quickly.. not for escaping death.
So, use Woet's idea. Its towards the bottom of the first page on the ideas that aren't open for discussion.
The /taxi, /dive and /world remain cheap enough for new/roleplayers to use, but due to the commands being unavailable 30 seconds after the last health drop, stops people from using them to avoid death.
Or, just have the cost of using these commands rise as the player gains time ingame, in 20-hours intervals.

what happens if u get killed indoors and u withdrawed all ur money, you'll have to drive alot
(07-18-2008, 08:27 AM)Explotions link Wrote: what happens if u get killed indoors and u withdrawed all ur money, you'll have to drive alot
then its your fault for withdrawing all your money.. who the hell does that anyway.
(07-17-2008, 04:30 PM)Jay link Wrote: You have to consider this from both player types points of view.

I am a deathmatcher. I don't care about driving around, I just like to /taxi or /teleport somewhere into a fight and start shooting. The cars  & prices don't matter that much too me.

Well the spawn points aren't really far from each other, 30sec - 1:15 min drive in the LV. From the way I see it you are a perfect example of a lazy player. Secondly I think the cap between the death and the arrival to the fight area is exactly what's missing right now. Here is an example...let's say I am in a 3 vs 1 fight and winning the fight, I kill 2 of them and suddenly the 2 already killed players /tp back so it's again 3 vs 1 and the odds are pretty good that I will be the one getting smoked eventually.

(07-18-2008, 12:02 AM)tomozj link Wrote: The server is still RP/DM, so both should cross each-other. A taxi command is intended to be RP, but really it eliminates a lot of the sense of RP when traveling. I think players should be urged to drive themselves to places -- since when do gangsters get a cab to their next gang war?!

Amen to that.

(07-18-2008, 08:27 AM)Explotions link Wrote: what happens if u get killed indoors and u withdrawed all ur money, you'll have to drive alot

Then it's just a bad day for you if you manage to withdraw all your cash and actually get killed shortly after. If that really happens, then I think you deserved it haha.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
If you withdraw all your money, unless you're new or really poor, you'll get caught by anti-cheat. So if you don't get auto-banned for withdrawing all your money, you can just get your money back by working for it...or wait for Peter to come online.
(07-18-2008, 09:14 AM)HaZe link Wrote: then its your fault for withdrawing all your money.. who the hell does that anyway.

lets say u withdrawed all your money for properties(u dont have a proaccount) you go out and get killed right away and if taxi tp and ctp raises ull have to drive to much

haze i did it in my first day withdrawed 8million to buy weps and asoon as y withdrawd got killed
(07-18-2008, 07:02 PM)Explotions link Wrote: lets say u withdrawed all your money for properties(u dont have a proaccount) you go out and get killed right away and if taxi tp and ctp raises ull have to drive to much

haze i did it in my first day withdrawed 8million to buy weps and asoon as y withdrawd got killed

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad investment.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.