Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

CLASSIC HIP-HOP/UNDERGROUND/GRIME - NO REGGAE OR WEAK SHEEP SHIT
(01-06-2010, 10:26 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Lol this is why i dont get that many albums, really im against downloading even though i do it, and if i had the money to buy the album, i would buy every album i downloaded

Yeh, cause the new school rappers are pretty poor you know.

With the digital era buying music is fading away anyway and who gives a shit really, sales have always been an income for the labels not for the artists. This "buy the music to support the artist" bollocks is just a move to keep the labels and distributors getting their hands golden. Normally the artist just passes the copyrights to a label for an agreed sum of money with no percent from the sales, cause globally it's just too much hassle to keep track of it.

The money for an artist is in gigs and PR, not the actual sales, so if you wanna support the artist, go to the concert or add him/her to your friends on MySpace or something.

This goes to mainstream shit tho, in the underground scene things are a bit different (but not radically).

Messages In This Thread
Re: Classic Hip-Hop [NO FUCKING POP/REGGAE/OTHER SHIT] - by HoogerBooger - 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Just begun - by Tpimp - 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Re: Just begun - by ZheMafo - 09-20-2010, 08:57 PM