Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Regarding Deer_Hunter
Hi all,

While I'm not fully aware of the data that led to this decision, I trust those who made it to have considered much, much more than just the complaint topics. (Which, not rarely, were dismissed exactly because they were a vengeance.)

TEF, please try to avoid additions such as "or you will find yourselves being warned". That creates for a very negative tone, which we should avoid.

Yassine, please show some respect. We certainly appreciate your opinion, but try to avoid going on a witch hunt when you don't have all the data. If you doubt that the forum's data loss is real, I encourage you to share your concerns in the relevant announcement topic where we can address them directly.

Finally, I encourage the crew to discuss this matter in our private topic, where we can be a little bit more forthcoming in responses.

Thanks,
Russell
Okay, I too am going to share my thoughts on the matter. 

Firstly, I would want everyone to calm down a little bit. It is, indeed, a sensitive case, but instead of talking by emotions, depending on personal relations we have with the dude, I'd advise you to talk by facts, which in this case come in handy really good.

Let's get on the matter. During the last year we have seen a lot of complaints about Deer. They were so much, that we almost were getting used to watching people complain about him and getting the same answer " ...he will be spoken to and we will try to avoid such things in the future... ". The truth is that the same situations kept happening, he got complaints, a lot of warnings were issued, while the abuse ingame continued to happen. (I am talking by experience here, and I even gave facts to specific crew members) This is unacceptable, and had to come to an end, which some people like and some don't. 

Personally, I respect Deer for the contribution he has given to the server during tough times, such as when all other admins were inactive. On the other hand, I completely disagree with the way he treated those who fought him ingame. While you might have been his friend all the time, I guarantee that those who were not on his side had to go through a lot of difficult times, because whenever he had the chance, he abused his powers on them. This is the truth, already proven. This was the dark side of Deer, which his friends never got to know, but the ones who fought him had to face it all the time. Between an active admin who abuses, and another one who knows only how to be helpful to the players, I would choose the second one. For this reason, I applaud the crew's decision.

Another fact is that, whenever we open this game, we do it to have some fun. But how is it fair that our fun has to depend on an admin, who is there to administrate and provide a better environment for everyone equally, regardless his relation with them. From this point of view, I think Deer is not the right person to have admin rights. He can be the perfect player, the great friend, but as long as he treats players with double standards (friends or non-friends) he will never be a good admin.

For those who are worried about no admins being active, thanks to the crew LVP has this lovely feature called temporary admins. There are always suitable players to be temporary admins when no crew is online, so the cheaters will most likely not be able to ruin the server.
(01-05-2017, 12:58 AM)Oresti Wrote: For those who are worried about no admins being active, thanks to the crew LVP has this lovely feature called temporary admins. There are always suitable players to be temporary admins when no crew is online, so the cheaters will most likely not be able to ruin the server.

Fun Fact: Vendetta

(01-05-2017, 12:58 AM)Oresti Wrote: Let's get on the matter. During the last year we have seen a lot of complaints about Deer. They were so much, that we almost were getting used to watching people complain about him and getting the same answer " ...he will be spoken to and we will try to avoid such things in the future... ". The truth is that the same situations kept happening, he got complaints, a lot of warnings were issued, while the abuse ingame continued to happen. (I am talking by experience here, and I even gave facts to specific crew members) This is unacceptable, and had to come to an end, which some people like and some don't.

Yes, because people disliked him. They scream bloody mary just for the attention, they don't care if they're the ones in the wrong or even had a serious complaint. Just as long as it mades him look bad.

(01-05-2017, 12:58 AM)Oresti Wrote: Personally, I respect Deer for the contribution he has given to the server during tough times, such as when all other admins were inactive. On the other hand, I completely disagree with the way he treated those who fought him ingame. While you might have been his friend all the time, I guarantee that those who were not on his side had to go through a lot of difficult times, because whenever he had the chance, he abused his powers on them. This is the truth, already proven. This was the dark side of Deer, which his friends never got to know, but the ones who fought him had to face it all the time. Between an active admin who abuses, and another one who knows only how to be helpful to the players, I would choose the second one. For this reason, I applaud the crew's decision.

Again, of course you do. Considering you've complained about him a few times with 2 or 3 bans made him, so of course you applaud the decision.

(01-05-2017, 12:58 AM)Oresti Wrote: Another fact is that, whenever we open this game, we do it to have some fun. But how is it fair that our fun has to depend on an admin, who is there to administrate and provide a better environment for everyone equally, regardless his relation with them. From this point of view, I think Deer is not the right person to have admin rights. He can be the perfect player, the great friend, but as long as he treats players with double standards (friends or non-friends) he will never be a good admin.

You say "whenever we open this game, we do it to have some fun" -- Are the crew too not allowed to have fun and not have to walk of egg shells over whether saying or doing something could result in yet another pointless complaint?

Crew aren't there purely just to adminstrate the server you know, they do a hell of a lot more stuff outside of the game than in the game which you'll probably never see the side of so who are you to decide whether he's not the right person and/ or will never be a good admin? Because it's become clear you have some sort of grudge towards him. Probably as result of the bans he awarded you.

(01-05-2017, 12:58 AM)Oresti Wrote: For those who are worried about no admins being active, thanks to the crew LVP has this lovely feature called temporary admins. There are always suitable players to be temporary admins when no crew is online, so the cheaters will most likely not be able to ruin the server.

Yeah, that lovely temporary admins command... why it even exists beyond me to be honest. If you're trusted enough with temporary rights then you should be trusted enough to be an admin outright without all the temporary crap which usually has to be given on multiple occasions because of crashes/timeouts/whatever.
Just responding to a single point made here:

I used to constantly fight Chiraq before we became (now ex-) clan-mates and I did not once come to experience abuse as some claim. In fact, he did not once talk trash or flame me during our fights and believe me I can be annoying (in a way) as I never back down unless I have to leave or the player I am targeting does.
I believe that is because ,unlike many current DMers here, I do not (stupidly) take offence when I get killed and consequently try to create a hateful mood (by provoking and what-not) to piss the player I am fighting but well...
Anyways, I don't want to take this topic sideways but ,unless people start to realise this is a game, this kind of complaints/problems will always pop up unfortunately.
(01-05-2017, 01:44 AM)[V]MeltdowN Wrote: unless people start to realise this is a game

Let me just quote this..
Everyone can learn from their mistakes !
While there were plenty reports, there were some players, myself included, that gave evidence that he wasn't a good person as people think he is. He is only nice to anyone with a higher status while being a complete asshole to everyone else. So I can't see myself respecting someone who treated players like shit while as admin who is expected to treat everyone equally. The "vendetta" excuse is completely dumb since there were quite a few reports with clear evidence.
(01-05-2017, 04:32 AM)Luna Wrote: While there were plenty reports, there were some players, myself included, that gave evidence that he wasn't a good person as people think he is. He is only nice to anyone with a higher status while being a complete asshole to everyone else. So I can't see myself respecting someone who treated players like shit while as admin who is expected to treat everyone equally. The "vendetta" excuse is completely dumb since there were quite a few reports with clear evidence.

The vendetta isn't an excuse, it's a fact. Yes there was complaints but it was ALWAYS from the same people. I don't know how many players LVP gets on a daily basis thesedays but let's say 25. Out of them 25 players, only 2-3 players complain about him and it's always the same 2-3. 22 players who clearly don't find there to be an issue of abuse or anything otherwise there would be more complaints than the same ones, Every. Single. Time.
I'm not talking about every single report that was put out... I'm talking about the ones that had evidence in it.
(01-05-2017, 05:12 AM)Luna Wrote: I'm not talking about every single report that was put out... I'm talking about the ones that had evidence in it.

99% of all complaints could quite simply be sorted out by the 2 via PM or some other communication and sort out their differences but instead they decide to make it public in order to make them look bad.

It's all about grudges, people hold grudges for far too long in this (sa-mp) community. I should know, I held one not so long ago and it was sorted out by sitting down (so to speak) to air our differences but yet instead they prefer to continue to complaining. Just from a few complaints I saw which had so called evidence was about small, petty stuff.