Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Lagshot
(06-12-2016, 12:04 PM)TheMightyQ Wrote: Either way, anyone is gonna find a problem with it, and then post on forums for a change, the community cant expect to have a voting every month because someone couldn't deal with lag or skin hits, plus, now that the server actually gets a good number of players, changing it to skinhit will not only decrease the number of average players joining, but also cause a drift between players/staff for differentiated opinions and fighting preferences.

This is the way I see it. Sure - we'd probably attract some older players who've come to love lagshot, but I think most of our players are used to skinhit and enjoy it as it is.  

I propose that we keep it as it is.
-1, i prefer and im used to lagshot tho (ive only played using skinshot for a week)
the point is that its easier for old players getting used to skinshot than newplayers getting used to lagshot, besides the fact that the number of players would decrease
As a player who had played in lag shot for a long time, no... Just no.
(06-12-2016, 11:06 AM)Oresti Wrote: NO, just no. LVP is getting better, don't fuck things up now with this lagshot thingy. LVP is skinhit and you have to deal with it. There are other servers who got fucked by changing skinhit to lagshot, I don't want to see LVP destroyed too. If you want to play on lagshot go to FFS, but LVP doesn't have to be changed to lagshot.

Exactly
Can anyone explain me in short, whats difference between Skin Hit and Lag Shot?
I don't fight much so I have no Idea about Lag Shot and Skin Hit...
Shame to see people respond with stuff like 'go back there if you don't like it, ef you, this makes no sense..', at least give a rational argument in order to support your statement. SleeP made a very honest and kind post, not even stating to change it back, but merely asking to test it out with additional voting. What's wrong with you guys?

sau, skin hit means your bullet do damage when directly hitting the skin, where lag shot is a phenomenon which forces players to aim in front of the running victim to overcome lag when shooting.

Personally, I'd say to keep it as it is. We've tried this before twice (sorry can't find the corresponding topics at the moment), pretty much right after 0.3z was introduced. Right now players are more and more used to skin hit, and I think it scares away a lot of (new) players.
I didn't know that you already did switch LVP to lagshot once. I just asked a simple question. No need to post furious comments.  :)
There wasn't any "furious" comments. You were just told how it is.
First of all Lagshoot was fun and all but honestly Skinhit is fair for everyone and it is for sure easier for admins to catch cheaters in-game in some cases.
Second of all, Lagshoot gives advantages to high pingers, On the other hand skinhit doesn't. (fair gameplay for everyone).

Just a clarification, it doesn't mean that I don't like lagshoot, but when it comes to fight a 300pinger with low fps that fight would take forever to finish, trust me most of us have been around for a long time and have seen it all. But as soon as skinhit came out people realized that it is indeed better and they liked it, took some people time to like it but they liked it as well especially those who were furious about it and was hoping that lagshoot doesn't die (like myself).

As some guys said earlier, there's always a server for lagshoot. But LVP doesn't need it for sure!
Nah this mode is good for LVP. -1