Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Lagshot
Well there is a way to have skin hit on lagshot (see wups' OnPlayerShootPlayer) but the disadvantage is that player rotations aren't synced and sometimes certain particle effects aren't present when being shot (blood effects, bullet stream). Besides that you can enable/disable at anytime during the server but I imagine there would be a lot of resources going into this feature which doesn't guarantee more players for the server. So I'd say no to the idea ;(.

I have issues with SA-MP's current hit detection as it sucks but I think investing some time in making a server side hit detection aiding SA-MP's lag compensation will be worth it. On SA-MP's skin hit default, we can't damage players who are in the process of entering their cars, however a server side hit detection can change that (I've seen it in a random CnR server). Basically anytime you hit a player, you are always guaranteed damage. Currently, there is so much damage nullification, its hard not to get frustrated when a clean sawn off shot does not register any damage. But that is a discussion for another day :)
Thanks cake, I think Skin Hit is good and it is fair. Lag shot is bit complicated than Skin Hit. :)