Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Should Cake be removed from admin team?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.75%
51 63.75%
No
36.25%
29 36.25%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Petition to get Cake kicked off the admin roster
(01-06-2014, 11:03 PM)Jerome link Wrote: Good point, I support this. At least then make your "inactive admins with rights" list not visible to public. That way 0 confusion.
As long as the Management acknowledge that they are 'short' on crew members to take care of things, complaints and
ordinary server maintenance. It will bring a great improvement to our community. (I hope. But that will be a nice start)
(01-06-2014, 12:00 PM)Richard link Wrote: The admins you saw reply (I suppose only cake, perhaps Jay) must all have been developers. They can reply to the board whereas crew can't. Seeing as they are both, they could. cake wasn't told he is not supposed to do it until I did about 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I know devs can reply in there (haven't they always been able to do that?) but I've seen some of them (including some who are devs and not Admins) replying to complaint topics. Haven't happened for a few months but I remember it happening. It wasn't Jay, either.

If they didn't know they weren't supposed to be replying to those sort of topics then it's understandable that it happened.
This is a thing that always pissed me off too, once you become an LVP developer you get admin/mod rights too? That's bullshit. Shark had a good quote about that some pages back, or maybe in a different topic...  but anyway, that should be changed. Developers should have no rights in-game over players, server rights, yes I can understand them having access to certain server/development access commands, but administration rights should be off limits to those people.
change hmy vote to no
cus cake fixed half bugs in lvp+why u all when u got banned be cake voting yes
that no fair Richard dont remove him he really cool
he helping all time ^^ i just kidding he helpful with me and all others
all lying cus hate cake
(01-07-2014, 12:43 AM)Munch link Wrote: Yeah I know devs can reply in there (haven't they always been able to do that?) but I've seen some of them (including some who are devs and not Admins) replying to complaint topics. Haven't happened for a few months but I remember it happening. It wasn't Jay, either.

If they didn't know they weren't supposed to be replying to those sort of topics then it's understandable that it happened.

Developers have always been able to, yeah. This is a leftover permission thing from the past, where those boards were combined (the old CSI). It may have been different in between then and now for a bit, I wasn't around much in that time I suppose. Either way, admins should not be able to reply to it, nor should they have to.

(01-07-2014, 01:33 AM)Jerome link Wrote: This is a thing that always pissed me off too, once you become an LVP developer you get admin/mod rights too? That's bullshit. Shark had a good quote about that some pages back, or maybe in a different topic...  but anyway, that should be changed. Developers should have no rights in-game over players, server rights, yes I can understand them having access to certain server/development access commands, but administration rights should be off limits to those people.

Yeah that's something Kase and I discussed too. It's not a given but it has happened a lot of times. A good developer doesn't necessarily make a good admin and vica versa. It was mainly used a reward for a good job. We both agreed this shouldn't happen just like that. A case in which it could happen is if they get temp and do a good job, like it would be for anyone else.
I voted no cauz he's nice wid me.
But since so many people have voted yes, I wonder who is right!
(01-07-2014, 01:41 PM)av1 link Wrote: I voted no cauz he's nice wid me.
But since so many people have voted yes, I wonder who is right!
you were cake is a nice guy if you ar nice to lol
Although there has been another "bad english-comment" by face i just want to notice, that the topic isnt about hating cake cause ppl got banned by him.. I havent been banned by him since im playing according to the rules (most of the time  :roll:  :+), so your comment is just invalid.

I find it okay, that actions regarding bans are taken by him, but this doesnt make him a good admin after all.
but he cool guy :( i wont he got remove he really helpfull
just others hate him
Quote:but he cool guy :( i wont he got remove he really helpfull
just others hate him

Make up your mind