Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ideal programming language(s) for game development.
my favorite programming language is html.
I've played a tiny bit with Cryengine3 SDK etc, you can find a lot of tutorials and stuff for it on Youtube, It looks beautiful
Quote:Nemesis link=topic=32408.msg445669#msg445669 date=1383181019]
I've played a tiny bit with Cryengine3 SDK etc, you can find a lot of tutorials and stuff for it on Youtube, It looks beautiful

before you blew up your pc right?
My PC specs may not be the best but they hold up!
you clearly hacked your computer to make it better
(10-30-2013, 09:00 PM)KaBooM link Wrote: Yea I've been thinking of diving into 3D games right away. I don't really have good knowledge about that, I actually thought it wouldn't be a problem as long as the 3D graphics are made separately in another software. My brother is really good at 3D modeling and animation as well as video and graphics editing, so I was thinking of using his skills while I only do the programming part.
I wasn't planning on making my own engine anytime soon o: I don't suppose it's something someone with basic knowledge like me would even consider lol, better use an existing one for a start.

But I think I'm skipping a few (if not a lot of) steps here, I'll take your advice and start with 2D games first.

PS: Just out of curiousity, Matthias, but which language did you begin with? And how many do you know right now?

I started with PAWN, because I wanted to join the LVP dev team :). And after that PHP.

And it's hard to tell. You don't learn a language, you learn how to program. Once you become skilled in one, you'll find it is a lot easier to go to another. I'm familiar with C#/Java/C/C++/PHP/JavaScript/Haskell/Bash/Python/Awk/.., but that's mostly due to doing a computer sciences course at a university :p.

(11-03-2013, 03:19 PM)Matthias link Wrote: I started with PAWN, because I wanted to join the LVP dev team :). And after that PHP.

And it's hard to tell. You don't learn a language, you learn how to program. Once you become skilled in one, you'll find it is a lot easier to go to another. I'm familiar with C#/Java/C/C++/PHP/JavaScript/Haskell/Bash/Python/Awk/.., but that's mostly due to doing a computer sciences course at a university :p.

I approve. Learning Python was a bit tricky as my first time learning programing, but once I got used to it, C++ and C weren't that hard. The only difference is usually the syntax, and a few logical stuff. (If I'm right)
(11-03-2013, 03:19 PM)Matthias link Wrote: I started with PAWN, because I wanted to join the LVP dev team :)

AWWW HOW CUTE BBY
LVP on your CV pwoaaar
Quote:Dacads link=topic=32408.msg445914#msg445914 date=1383579913]
LVP on your CV pwoaaar

died  _O-