Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Do you think in-game registrations as well as website registrations would benefit LVP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
89.47%
17 89.47%
No
5.26%
1 5.26%
I don\'t know.
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Feature]In-game registration
Some things are more easy controllable outgame than ingame, like password and nickname changes. Besides, we do want to promote the site and forum to players!
i dont know
Please stick to in-game registration only.
(10-07-2013, 12:09 PM)Holsje link Wrote: You could store the ip(What you already do) and have a maximum of accounts per IP, unless requested to an admin different (Because it's not likely that 5 players register on one  and the same network. There goes the spamming. You'll miss the email confirmation, but maybe just make some features only unlock once account activiated by email
(Example higher bank limits / no deletion of accounts after .. months)
So you'll add a /register [Password] [Email], maybe even with an annoying respons of "Your username is: [Username], your password is [Password and your Email is [Email]  Where you have to type a command like for example /completeregister or something.
And once finished it'll tell you to confirm your registration to unlock some more shit.

And while we're at it, why not add a /nickchange and /passchange option ingame? What can just send it to Nuwani.

What about players on dynamic IP's?
(10-07-2013, 07:18 PM)Jerome link Wrote: What about players on dynamic IP's?

IP ranges it could be. But I think you should even be able to go to the PC/Account's name.
(10-08-2013, 08:52 AM)Holsje link Wrote: IP ranges it could be. But I think you should even be able to go to the PC/Account's name.

Lol, I think hardware ID recognition was removed, no? I thought it was just experimental... even if it did work? I haven't coded shit in years so I don't know.
I've been searching for ages trying to find a quote that Sophia once said which pretty much sums this all up. Can't find it after searching through 60+ pages, but it was on the lines of this:

"New player, plays for 3 hours. Buys 14 properties, earning $5mil a minute. Has a large bank account, builds up some decent stats. And then they realise they're going to loose all that and there's absoloutely nothing they can do about it".

I fully support the transition to an in-game registration with email confirmation. There's really no good reason not to... the Quote that Jay referenced is absolutely true and will cause people to ragequit and never come back.

I understand this is a topic that has been hit many times. The biggest issue I have heard from the Developers is that there's an issue of synchronization of registration from the gameserver instead of the webserver. However, I'm sure we can figure that out.

I'd love to hear some comments from Russell on the technical issues, if any, that we would run into.
In an effort to keep more people happy, we still should not force registration. We could find an interior and make it a registration office, and do it with a dialog based setup where people can type (and change) their passwords and registered emails whenever it's appropriate to do so. Of course, keep both email confirmation a requirement; all non-confirmed accounts could be deleted after 7 days.
(10-08-2013, 09:02 PM)Joe link Wrote: In an effort to keep more people happy, we still should not force registration. We could find an interior and make it a registration office, and do it with a dialog based setup where people can type (and change) their passwords and registered emails whenever it's appropriate to do so. Of course, keep both email confirmation a requirement; all non-confirmed accounts could be deleted after 7 days.

I agree with the not forcing registration.. anddd, the rest is perfect.  d:)b