Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Your rating to IV.
Ive yet to play the Multiplayer game, But I would have thought the sync would have been good/perfect :S
(05-20-2008, 12:47 PM)Jay link Wrote: But I would have thought the sync would have been good/perfect :S

I have played multiplayer, and it is 98% perfect.
On the same scale, sa-mp is 50% perfect.
(05-20-2008, 01:28 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: I have played multiplayer, and it is 98% perfect.
On the same scale, sa-mp is 50% perfect.
Yeah.

i haven`t played it yet but i think it is a very nice game i have seen a lot of videos on youtube and i was just shoked how some people can make such a nice game ^^ good work RG :+
(05-20-2008, 12:47 PM)Jay link Wrote: Ive yet to play the Multiplayer game, But I would have thought the sync would have been good/perfect :S

Shooting sync is really nice compared to other SA multiplayer mods, I don't know what the pings are in GTAIV to make a fair comparison though*. I'm not impressed at all with vehicle sync, I think it's pretty warpy.

* I'd think the pings are low though, because I'm pretty sure the games are localised. The character models also feel larger and easier to hit than in San Andreas.
(05-20-2008, 11:48 PM)Simon link Wrote: * I'd think the pings are low though, because I'm pretty sure the games are localised. The character models also feel larger and easier to hit than in San Andreas.

Me and my friends had the feeling that the step is like CS:1.6 to CS:Source. :)
(05-20-2008, 10:28 AM)Simon link Wrote: Driving is not so bad, but I did find myself annoyed that some "Capture X" missions are rigged majorly. The cars are invincible to some point which can make you waste lots of ammunition for no reasonĀ  :z ...
I've noticed this as well. You should always shoot through the windows, hitting the car itself (besides the tires) won't do much to slow it down.

I hate the speedboat chases in the game. Any time you're driving a speedboat, it's hard to see what's in front of you, and the enemy/target rarely slows down. They're just boring.
(05-21-2008, 10:23 AM)Turkey link Wrote: Me and my friends had the feeling that the step is like CS:1.6 to CS:Source. :)
Nice.
Is there auto-aim in IV multiplayer? I haven't been arsed to get online.
Yes. auto aim is one of the many features which can be turned on or off
(05-21-2008, 09:12 PM)Ben link Wrote: Yes. auto aim is one of the many features which can be turned on or off
Server-side or client-side?
Not exactly sure what you mean by that.

Before a multiplayer game begins the host can choose whether or not certain things are on/off. I.e traffic, pedestrians, cops, weather and auto aim.

Also if you create a free mode with just you and yur friends then auto aim can be turned on/off by the start menu.