Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

London Riots
(08-10-2011, 11:52 AM)Turkey link Wrote: Egypt is way another story!

During the revolution in Egypt the police announced officially that they will not protect anyone from any criminals and everyone is on his own. I thought this would match the same story with London but I guess not.

Munch, I think it's better to keep it that way, Police shouldn't shoot protesters and try to solve it out in a peaceful way instead, or at least it's what I think. As the police started shooting down protesters in Egypt with live bullets it just fulfilled them with more rage and anger, adding another goal to the revolution which is disallowing police brutality.

Maybe I'm talking a lot about Egypt, but it just looks to me like the same scenario.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bir...m-14471405

3 people dead in Birminham
(08-10-2011, 04:56 PM)thiaZ link Wrote: No one gives a shit about more than 2000 people killed in Syria, Great Britian is more important, god save the queen.
Syria has been all over the news for weeks and weeks here in the UK, as this is the UK on UK news channels, it's bound to be all about the riots. :P

Manchester Riot Police Serve Up Some Hard Justice[HD]

I love the bit 27 secs in.. one of the riot police kicks the yob >:)
(08-10-2011, 05:23 PM)BLoODsT3R_ link Wrote: Munch, I think it's better to keep it that way, Police shouldn't shoot protesters and try to solve it out in a peaceful way instead, or at least it's what I think. As the police started shooting down protesters in Egypt with live bullets it just fulfilled them with more rage and anger, adding another goal to the revolution which is disallowing police brutality.

But they aren't protesters. They're rioters. They're rioting and not for any actual reason. They're causing fear and misery and costing the taxpayers millions of Pounds. They have tried resolving it in a peaceful manner but the rioters don't want to listen. Therefore they have to toughen up. Of course I don't want to see the military being involved yet, but the police need to toughen up and they need to be able to do more than stand there and watch.

This isn't like the Egypt riots. In Egypt they had a reason to be angry. In England these people aren't angry. They're bored. They're just rioting simply because they can.

Using the "human rights" nonsense is why this is still going on. It's why the police are so powerless.

And they don't need to use actual led bullets. They could use the water cannons or rubber bullets (as have been proposed), or some other tools. This would help limit casualties caused by the police and give a lesson to the morons rioting telling them that we won't stand for it.
That is quite harsh when you think about it...suppose you were just a random guy walking with your girlfriend back home and suddenly some Police dudes start smashing you.
Maybe if you watched the video Fatetrip posted you'd see that the police arent just going to run up and "smash you". They changed tactics last night and started actually battering the fuckers, but there was one man with a bike who was just walking home, a policeman approached him, noticed he wasn't one of the rioters on bikes making a getaway, and let him pass

Blood it really isnt better to "keep it this way" - If police didn't change tactics there would have been even more damage caused, last night hardly anything happened in comparison to saturday, sunday and monday night
The difference is in Syria they're fighting for freedom..here they are robbing shops for a TV..yeah there's much resenamblance..
Quote:Nemesis link=topic=29097.msg398599#msg398599 date=1312993469]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bir...m-14471405

3 people dead in Birminham
Birmingham Riot 2011: Tariq Jahan (Murdered Son's dad) speaks
Is this the crude irony of history? "One should never conquer half the world" ..
What I don't get though - how is burning down your own, all ready poor cityblock, gonna help anyone and if they really were pissed off, they would have set fire to the city blocks where the rich people live rite?

Just hopes no more people have to die.
(08-11-2011, 12:58 AM)Dust link Wrote: Is this the crude irony of history? "One should never conquer half the world" ..
What I don't get though - how is burning down your own, all ready poor cityblock, gonna help anyone and if they really were pissed off, they would have set fire to the city blocks where the rich people live rite?

Just hopes no more people have to die.

Idiocy has no logic.