Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

New Speakers
(07-27-2011, 02:40 AM)Munch link Wrote: Well like I keep saying I don't need anything better. The speakers can be pretty loud, and in my house and the area I live in, I wouldn't want much louder.
I don't just think the speakers I have are great because I haven't been introduced to a better make, I think they're great because...well I've explained twice already.

I mean what more do you want when it comes to sound other than being able to hear it? And loud? And smooth?

My speakers are great for listening to music and playing games. I don't have trouble hearing anything coming out of them and I can hear the sounds loud and smoothly. And on top of that they're 6-7 years old. Obviously they're dated now but I don't really care.

He asked for opinions on speakers, I gave a review of the speakers I have and was hoping to leave it at that. I don't want to be defending something I don't really care about.

Just note that volume does not equal quality. Even at a lower volume, better quality speakers will sound much better.
(07-28-2011, 05:23 AM)cloakster link Wrote: Just note that volume does not equal quality. Even at a lower volume, better quality speakers will sound much better.

Yeah that's what I meant by "smooth". Without any crackling or anything.
Good thing I see this topic. I have the most shittiest low quality speakers as of right now and I think of buying a proper set. I was looking on this site of a computershop (''Alternate.nl'') and the Logitech X-530 has alot of high ratings and positive comments, and it's ''only'' 60 euro's. Did you guys ever hear about this set and/or what do you think of it? Also, should I buy a soundcard? Some say yes, some say no. Some say ''go on lvp forums and ask'' so here I am. 8)
(07-28-2011, 02:43 PM)Dominator33 link Wrote: Good thing I see this topic. I have the most shittiest low quality speakers as of right now and I think of buying a proper set. I was looking on this site of a computershop (''Alternate.nl'') and the Logitech X-530 has alot of high ratings and positive comments, and it's ''only'' 60 euro's. Did you guys ever hear about this set and/or what do you think of it? Also, should I buy a soundcard? Some say yes, some say no. Some say ''go on lvp forums and ask'' so here I am. 8)

I had the Logitech X-230s (2.1 version of those 5.1s), and liked them.  They went quite loud with little distortion, and very clear at a quiet volume.  Can't say I've been impressed with Logitech's 5.1 though.  On my X-540s, The rear and center channels always have a low hum to them, and the mid range is a bit weak on the set overall.

Anyway, anyone have any thoughts between the two speakers I mentioned?  Or even other specific 2.1 systems?
I don't use headsets at all, they always get broken so.

I have a nice looking logitech (works really good to) looks like an apple product :p
Lmfao, 300 $ for a speaker? I would rather invest on a GTX 560 Ti or something. Or even a Creative Labs Xi-Fi Xtreme Sound Card. But not 300 $ on a silly speaker. Unless you are planning on building a home theatre system
I agree, some people have more money than sense.

Like Rien said, for gaming and music, you're better off getting a good pair of headphones.

Something like this or this (I know it's Amazon UK but you get the idea.)
Quote:Josue link=topic=29021.msg397298#msg397298 date=1311872568]
Lmfao, 300 $ for a speaker? I would rather invest on a GTX 560 Ti or something. Or even a Creative Labs Xi-Fi Xtreme Sound Card. But not 300 $ on a silly speaker. Unless you are planning on building a home theater system

There's lots of people, including me that use their computers as a second home theater system. I love what a good sound system can do so it's def worth it to make the movie/gaming experience much better.
(07-28-2011, 02:43 PM)Dominator33 link Wrote: Good thing I see this topic. I have the most shittiest low quality speakers as of right now and I think of buying a proper set. I was looking on this site of a computershop (''Alternate.nl'') and the Logitech X-530 has alot of high ratings and positive comments, and it's ''only'' 60 euro's. Did you guys ever hear about this set and/or what do you think of it? Also, should I buy a soundcard? Some say yes, some say no. Some say ''go on lvp forums and ask'' so here I am. 8)

If you want the best sound,

Buy an external DAC, run that trough a high grade amplifier, connect to audiophile speakers but it will be just cheaper buying a headphone  :D.
I'd buy a goddamn stereo with everything on it and wouldn't give a fuck how much it costs- I just love great audio quality that much. That being said, my Logitech speakers suck dick but my headphones are orgasmic. I'll probably buy a nice setup once I get settled in my new room though. Unfortunately have a lot of other costs.