Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
(11-28-2012, 04:54 PM)IDmad link Wrote: It sure is nice to get some scars as a child, whether u wanted them or not.

Wtf is wrong with the description?? "Heart warming mourning by devout Muslims in Asia."

Bro, it's sarcasm. That link got posted on both the Atheism and Morbid Reality board of reddit.
It personally disgusts me to no end that people are harming children. It's even worse seeing a sum of these children doing the acts themselves─ it's total brainwashing.

By the way, about a month ago or so, a student here in Belgium got raped by a gang of immigrants. However, it only got real attention in the news this week. Now I see it has made the front page of reddit as well.

Click

(11-28-2012, 04:44 PM)M-Jeeli link Wrote: That's shiite Muslims, mourning the death of one of their Imams...
If you want a logical explanation for why do they flagellate their children, then take a number and wait for eternity.

I used to deny that side of Islam by considering it a distorted version of Islam, but now when I see how Shiites look at it; the Sunnis are no closer to the real Islam than them.

I am so glad for you, honestly. Scarring innocents? What the hell is wrong with people?
(11-28-2012, 05:00 PM)Maka link Wrote: I am so glad for you, honestly. Scarring innocents? What the hell is wrong with people?

Thanks man. I guess that happens when people forget how to use their brains and actually think before acting.
Ah, too much for me to reply :P

I mean three or four people asking me to clarify things from my point of view. I may reply once I get the time or get my internet back.

But I do know a lot about my religion, Kaboom. Praying is way irrelevant to the knowledge of the religion. It is seen differently by people whether one counts as an infidel or not once he stops praying. It depends on the country you live in and how strict the religion is applied to this country. I guess it's very strict where you live, as you said your dad may kick you out if he ever knows you've left Islam.

I don't say I know every little detail, but I know a lot.
(11-28-2012, 08:10 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: Ah, too much for me to reply :P

I mean three or four people asking me to clarify things from my point of view. I may reply once I get the time or get my internet back.

But I do know a lot about my religion, Kaboom. Praying is way irrelevant to the knowledge of the religion. It is seen differently by people whether one counts as an infidel or not once he stops praying. It depends on the country you live in and how strict the religion is applied to this country. I guess it's very strict where you live, as you said your dad may kick you out if he ever knows you've left Islam.

I don't say I know every little detail, but I know a lot.

We're not talking about politics or law man, it doesn't matter weather the country applies the religion strictly or loosely, what matters is what real Isalm is, and how was it applied back in the days of Mohamad. And Mohammad clearly says that anyone who leaves Islam should be killed. And he says that anyone who doesn't agree with that (speech of the lord) among Muslims is not a Muslim in the first place. Dude, these are like the alphabets of Sunni Islam, am shocked that you can't accept them but still you remain a Muslim.

By the way, are you a Sunni or do you follow other doctrines Bloodster?
I'm a Sunni. I understand your point of view and I totally agree with what you said, but it just doesn't apply to our age! If you count how many Muslims actually follow the Islamic traditions nowadays I bet it'll be more than the half who drops a lot of traditions.
(11-29-2012, 08:23 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I'm a Sunni. I understand your point of view and I totally agree with what you said, but it just doesn't apply to our age! If you count how many Muslims actually follow the Islamic traditions nowadays I bet it'll be more than the half who drops a lot of traditions.

I think it depends from region to region. Moroccans for example who reside in their home country seem to be less religious than the ones that reside over here. When a family member of mine went there and communicated with a lot of them, their reply was that "their scum" moves here.
(11-29-2012, 08:23 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I'm a Sunni. I understand your point of view and I totally agree with what you said, but it just doesn't apply to our age! If you count how many Muslims actually follow the Islamic traditions nowadays I bet it'll be more than the half who drops a lot of traditions.

Bro, it's not acceptable of them to drop these traditions, they have to either accept them all or deny them all. Why is it hard for you to understand that? :/
What matters is the real Islam that's been embraced and practiced by the first Muslims, that's what Islam is and what Muslims should do, and that's the Islam that we should put our judgement on. I keep saying this: You can't take one part of religion and leave the others, it's from the freakin GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF.

Btw, What would your parents/friends do to you if you left Islam?

Also, I bet Egypt has even more religious people than here. I have an Egyptian classmate and he's the strictest Muslim you may see in your life. He runs away whenever he hears music, doesn't say assalamu alaikum to 'infidels' (never said hi to our English teacher because he's Christian), prays day and night, and never seen a girl (except his family) in his life.

Edit: TBH, I kinda like you because you're not hating people for leaving your religion. Unlike all the religious people I currently know. You're not narrow-minded, which is good.
Seriously, if only those who follow ALL the Islamic rules and tradition only count as Muslims, Islam would be barely alive. I know people who doesn't miss one prayer, but drops a lot of other rules, they're still Muslims, not infidels whatsoever!

My parents? They would discuss it with me, but kicking me outside the household is not an option.

Egypt has religious people, yeah, but only grown ups and they're fairly religious, they're not obsessed with religion.

I think your classmate is an insane exception. I've never seen a Muslim, regardless of where he comes from, acts in such an attitude. I personally dislike, more like HATE, people who acts this way.

I wouldn't hate someone for leaving my religion, never. Everyone has his own thoughts and beliefs, no hatred should be pointed at anyone for whatever he thinks. I'm not even disliking or hating on those people who made "Mohammed jokes"..They believe in something and they're stating it, I just hope they can be more respectful in the future.
I'd also like to mention that not only does Islam have so much useless "traditions" (you said yourself that they're useless), but a lot of things are forbidden for no logical reason except that God said: No!
Such as music for example, or why can't men wear gold or silk while they're allowed to wear silver. There's even a hadith in which mohammad curses men who eat in plates of gold.

Edit: oh and I just remembered something hilarious. When someone asked our teacher why gold is prohibited for men, he said that a new "scientific research by western scientists" - as an Arab Muslim you should be familiar with this sentence - have proven that gold causes sterility for men. I bursted laughing inside of me I almost couldn't hide it. The whole class believed that shit.

Most Muslims deny the fact that music is prohibited because it defies logic, and they don't want to believe that their religion is against logic. But scripts are very clear in their meaning.

All of this makes you wonder: What the hell?

Well I never thought about it in the past, but when I did look at me now.
(12-02-2012, 09:38 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I wouldn't hate someone for leaving my religion, never. Everyone has his own thoughts and beliefs, no hatred should be pointed at anyone for whatever he thinks. I'm not even disliking or hating on those people who made "Mohammed jokes"..They believe in something and they're stating it, I just hope they can be more respectful in the future.

Good to know :p
THUmps up lil bro.

One verse to reply to all your claims bloodster:''ْ أَفَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِبَعْضِ الْكِتَابِ وَتَكْفُرُونَ بِبَعْضٍ فَمَا جَزَاء مَن يَفْعَلُ ذَلِكَ مِنكُمْ إِلاَّ خِزْيٌ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يُرَدُّونَ إِلَى أَشَدِّ الْعَذَابِ وَمَا اللَّهُ بِغَافِلٍ عَمَّا تَعْمَلُونَ''

So basically the moment you said that it is unnecessary to follow ALL Islamic rules, and that Islam would've been dead by now if that was necessary (and thus denying it's 'perfectness')... you became an infidel, you're not needed in the cult. Congrats :)