Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
@M-Jeeli: Have you read all of the quaran?
religious ppl got a weak mind
Quote:Nemesis link=topic=28190.msg434381#msg434381 date=1354567759]
@M-Jeeli: Have you read all of the quaran?

Yes, numerous times and, regretfully, memorised half of it.
(12-04-2012, 01:03 AM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: religious ppl got a weak mind

Kind of, For alot of people religion is a safety blanket they want to keep holding on and never let go of it.
To be a Muslim you just have to believe in God, his books and his prophets..and of course say the "استشهاد" no more no less!

Believe me, everyone is told totally different things depending where he lives, and everyone is perfectly convinced with what's his told.

As for the music, Kaboom, I'm not really convinced with this..I did try to search where it is stated in the Qura'an but I was not able to find it, it's only over the internet. It could be a misunderstanding or a fatwa. I personally know some sheikhs who are extremely religious, and one of the very few things they do to calm their mood is listen to music.

And as for the gold, I wasn't interested in that matter before so I didn't really try to find out why it's forbidden either, but let's just call it a test.

If you get an 'aya' of the Internet, please mention it's name and it's number so I can search it in the Qur'an, I don't trust internet sources.
It's not a verse in the quran... They're all hadiths, and fyi their source isn't the internet, but Saheeh Al-bukhari... The book that is considered by Muslims to be the "second most accurate book"after the quran. I know the exact script of the hadith that speaks about music. But I'll give you a link later because I'm on mobile and surfing the web is kinda troublesome and will take me ages to search. In fact it took me 5 minutes to type just this^.

The meaning of the hadith is: (and this hadith is even considered a prophecy that came true, which is dumb because it's easy to predict).

"There will come a time when some of you (muslims) will permit adultery, silk (for men), and music instruments."

The word used for "permit" is "يستحلون" which means to permit something after it was forbidden.

Btw, don't keep asking for verses of the quran for every thing I say, the quran isn't the only source of Islamic sharia. And in case you don't agree then... Well, you're just proving that you're ignorant of your own religion, but still arguing for it.

Also, do you know what the main pillars of Islam are?
If you know then you know very well that's not all you have to do to be a muslim.

If you don't then I suggest you stop arguing for something you barely know anything about, because these "pillars" are memorized by every 5 years old muslim as well as he memorizes his own name.

Islam is Islam, you can't call egyptian Islam to be different than emirati Islam.
And if it is different then it just proves that it's not divine, otherwise God would have protected it from changing, no?

Edit:
I forgot to also mention that prayer is the first thing that you'll be judged for in the so-called doomsday!
Here's the meaning of the hadith that says that:
"The first thing that a slave (of god) will be asked of, is prayer. If it's good, the rest of his work is good. If it's bad, then the rest of his work is all bad." And then you'll fall off the "sirat" (road) that is thinner than a hair and sharper than a knife, to hell.

C'mon now seriously what kind of bullshit is this?  How can you believe this nonsense? Or maybe you don't because you don't know it exists. Well, I'm telling you now that it does exist. So please, open your eyes.
(12-05-2012, 11:50 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: To be a Muslim you just have to believe in God, his books and his prophets..and of course say the "استشهاد" no more no less!

No you've got it all wrong. Just believing in God and his books or whatever doesn't make you a Muslim, that makes you a believer or 'momen' just like any Christian or Jew. To be a Muslim and go to heaven (according to Islam) you have to apply all 5 pillars of Islam or at least intend to do so. Denying the need for apply them makes you an infidel.

Again, Bloodster, you are not allowed to disagree with something that is "معلوم من الدين بالضرورة".
What a complete waste of time..
(12-07-2012, 06:00 PM)Fuse link Wrote: What a complete waste of time..

Not really. These discussions might make some people think a little bit. Who knows, I might end up saving someone's life from this nonsense called religion.
Someone posted this on Facebook today:
"Something in me gets very angry and confused when I read a book by a BESTSELLING author (*caugh*, Depak Chopra,) who suggest that the solutions to life's problems have nothing to do with relying on God and everything to do with self awareness and consciousness.

As humans, it is in our nature to do bad things from birth. Without a belief in a higher being, a greater force of good, (a God), there would be no restriction. We would live according to our carnal desires and act upon every impulse without remorse. Hense, I don't believe any perminant solutions can arrise from merely knowing myself. To reach a pure level of awareness and ultimate happiness in life, we must know God through His words and understand the way He sees us, not the way we see ourselves.

To be a best selling author, a former physician and teacher, and not understand the simplicity of the fact that YOU JUST NEED GOD is scary. I now know that it is possible to be highly intelligent and foolish simultaneously."

Am I the only one who laughs at every single thing he said?