Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
(05-26-2011, 03:06 AM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: I think that is a far worse punishment then anything any current Christian, Catholic, Atheist, has done.

Lol? What about the witch burnings in the past? The tortures? Do you even know what kind of torture they did/do in guantanamo? I dont really want to see the pics/vids.

And where can we see that in the media? NOWHERE! Why? Because a terrorist killed himself is more important. Or a stoned women.

Srebenica 1995, 8000 moslems killed in bosnia by Ratko Mladic and his troops. But what happend with Mladic? Nothing!

And what happend with Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein? Executed or killed.

You can see or hear "stoned women" way, WAY faster than "Israelis killed children in palestina".

Get clue, google a bit watch videos. Then you will have an another opinion about that.

Bitch

We will. :')
That kind of clears things up. It still doesn't quite stroke with what I've seen but most of the ones I've seen aren't well-educated. I doubt most of them can even read (by them I mean the parents, not the kids who were raised here). So I doubt they could it themselves and therefore may not know how it is written and took things over from how they were told.

And @ the line Gladiator quoted from Silent_Bob: You can't really say it that way. You can't possible compare all the religions and say religion x did worse things. Every single religion we discussed here did horrible things. Christians, Muslims, whatever. Think of all the crusades back and forth, thousands were murdered back then. Which is worse? You can't really say one of them is better in that way. Millions of people have been murdered in the name of a religion, whichever that is.
(05-26-2011, 07:09 PM)Gladiat0R link Wrote: Lol? What about the witch burnings in the past? The tortures? Do you even know what kind of torture they did/do in guantanamo? I dont really want to see the pics/vids.

Plus the Chinese weren't Muslims and the kind of tortures they applied...and for stupid reasons...it's hard to believe. It puts any Muslim tortures/punishments to shame.

Also, using the word "current" is kind of unfair, that's just filtering people's responses and makes Muslims look bad.
(05-26-2011, 07:11 PM)Richard link Wrote: That kind of clears things up. It still doesn't quite stroke with what I've seen but most of the ones I've seen aren't well-educated. I doubt most of them can even read (by them I mean the parents, not the kids who were raised here). So I doubt they could it themselves and therefore may not know how it is written and took things over from how they were told.

And @ the line Gladiator quoted from Silent_Bob: You can't really say it that way. You can't possible compare all the religions and say religion x did worse things. Every single religion we discussed here did horrible things. Christians, Muslims, whatever. Think of all the crusades back and forth, thousands were murdered back then. Which is worse? You can't really say one of them is better in that way. Millions of people have been murdered in the name of a religion, whichever that is.

+1, i hate people saying x religion did worse etc... and witch crafting was discussed alot of times, media ? more like history etc.. but again that was institution's fault not religion's
I'm pretty sure they should know how to read Arabic, but it may be that they actually don't speak it. Which is quite often the case for the 08/15 Muslim you will meet. We are sent to the mosque at a young age to learn to read and eventually write Arabic in order to read the Qur'an, which I didn't do, though. (Reading the Qur'an in Arabic, the original language, is kind of a plus point, not only does it sound beautiful :+, but it's also impossible to fully translate the Qur'an and it's meanings)

Education is really important for us Muslims.

My grandmother didn't know to read and write for example, but that's due to her growing up in a rather small village or for what ever reason. Back in the 1940s, there weren't enough schools and teachers in Turkey I guess and her moving to Germany along with my grandfather didn't make it easier either.

She's keen on learning the latin alphabet, though. No idea if she made any progress, since it shouldn't be that easy to learn to read and write at that age, but it should be possible. Also, my other grandmother is learning to read Arabic; at her own will ofcourse.

You will also find Chinese immigrants not able to read latin... or European immigrants in Asia not able to read Arabic or Chinese... take it as you will.

To add something, any intoxication is prohibited in Islam, including drugs and alcohol for obvious reasons. I know for fact that not many European Muslims, including me, keep this rule. As I said sometime before, I try to avoid alcohol as good as possible, but it seems impossible knowing that almost everyone is drinking every now and then. But at the end of the day Allah is al forgiving and as long as I keep it in bonds and do good deeds, I should be fine.

My aunt who is German and a convert wore a headscarf at her own will also. She took it off after some years, though. Never really asked her why since no one really cares. I have no one in my family wearing a headscarf except for my grandmothers, but that's also more of a villager fashion from their time, lol.

They may have in their homecountry then, before they came here. But I believe most of the people here are from Morrocco and most of those come from the villages in the mountains. They come here looking for a better future. I don't know if they have much schooling there.
(05-26-2011, 07:09 PM)Gladiat0R link Wrote: Lol? What about the witch burnings in the past? The tortures? Do you even know what kind of torture they did/do in guantanamo? I dont really want to see the pics/vids.

And where can we see that in the media? NOWHERE! Why? Because a terrorist killed himself is more important. Or a stoned women.

Srebenica 1995, 8000 moslems killed in bosnia by Ratko Mladic and his troops. But what happend with Mladic? Nothing!

And what happend with Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein? Executed or killed.

You can see or hear "stoned women" way, WAY faster than "Israelis killed children in palestina".

Get clue, google a bit watch videos. Then you will have an another opinion about that.

Bitch

I do believe I said current...and Guantanamo has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. And Munch, the reason I said that was because I consider abuse when you hit/beat up someone.
(05-26-2011, 10:55 PM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: I do believe I said current...and Guantanamo has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. And Munch, the reason I said that was because I consider abuse when you hit/beat up someone.

Because you consider abuse to be when you hit/beat up someone that does not make it a "HUGE DIFFERENCE". Rape and molestation is an act of abuse, whether you agree with it or not.

How is neglect not abuse? How is rape not abuse?
(05-26-2011, 10:58 PM)Munch link Wrote: Because you consider abuse to be when you hit/beat up someone that does not make it a "HUGE DIFFERENCE". Rape and molestation is an act of abuse, whether you agree with it or not.

How is neglect not abuse? How is rape not abuse?

I don't see neglect as abuse, I see it as...neglect and well rape could be I guess, because you're forcing someone to do something against their will which of course will result in abuse but I don't see how neglect is considered abuse, you're not doing anything to them...