Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
Why are you quoting me?
(05-25-2011, 07:51 PM)Maka link Wrote: Why are you quoting me?
cuz u quote thise sorry it's my mobile's bad idk why it did quote all?!
(05-25-2011, 04:25 PM)Maka link Wrote: :D
Wtf my mobile don't show wat i want to say ill explain when i am on my pc
Lol...you seem to have a thing for quoting Maka.
Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg388945#msg388945 date=1306327728]
So claiming religion is only for peace and harmony is just bullshit on your part.

I don't recall claiming anything about religion being only for peace and harmony, I only stated some of the teachings of the Qur'an and Islam.

Quote:Grim link=topic=28190.msg388945#msg388945 date=1306327728]
Not to mention womans would have a so much better life if religion didn't exist, specially Islam.

I'm starting to find you hard to take seriously, especially with media influenced comments like this.

You obviously have no idea at all about Islamic teachings, and views and treatment of women in Islam.

Maybe there are some cases of ill treatment, but doesn't that happen with atheists, Christians, Jews, and other religions too? It's like me saying, catholic priests are only interested in abusing little boys. It's way too much of a generalisation because of an opinion formed solely on things presented by the media.

(05-25-2011, 04:01 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: If he killed everybody in the world then you wouldn't be able to consider him, because you'd be dead.
Maybe the Quran needs an update like the bible!

ELABD was saying that if a person kills another person, someone who is innocent and hasn't caused the bloodshed of others, and hasn't threatened the life of the proposed killer. The killer is guilty of something so severe it's as if they've killed all of mankind. Suicide is classed as killing a human too, since it's taking a life.
(05-26-2011, 12:56 AM)SAFC link Wrote: I don't recall claiming anything about religion being only for peace and harmony, I only stated some of the teachings of the Qur'an and Islam.

I'm starting to find you hard to take seriously, especially with media influenced comments like this.

You obviously have no idea at all about Islamic teachings, and views and treatment of women in Islam.

Maybe there are some cases of ill treatment, but doesn't that happen with atheists, Christians, Jews, and other religions too? It's like me saying, catholic priests are only interested in abusing little boys. It's way too much of a generalisation because of an opinion formed solely on things presented by the media.

ELABD was saying that if a person kills another person, someone who is innocent and hasn't caused the bloodshed of others, and hasn't threatened the life of the proposed killer. The killer is guilty of something so severe it's as if they've killed all of mankind. Suicide is classed as killing a human too, since it's taking a life.

Just so you know, they aren't accused of abusing little boys, they're accused of raping or molesting them...that's a HUGE difference. And considering the fact that in some Islamic countries they actually stone a woman of she is accused of cheating on her husband I think that is a far worse punishment then anything any current Christian, Catholic, Atheist, has done.
That doesn't change the point he's making one bit.
But these priests are only interested in little boys?
Yeah that's right, every single priest, everywhere, ever, has only ever been interested in one thing: having sex with young boys.
I've seen some poor comments in my day but my god that almost tops them.
(05-26-2011, 03:06 AM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: Just so you know, they aren't accused of abusing little boys, they're accused of raping or molesting them...that's a HUGE difference. And considering the fact that in some Islamic countries they actually stone a woman of she is accused of cheating on her husband I think that is a far worse punishment then anything any current Christian, Catholic, Atheist, has done.

The word abuse is unspecific, that was my reason for using it. It covers physical violence, verbal, and sexual. Sometimes the priests were accused of forcing the kids to perform sex acts, like oral and hand jobs. I didn't feel it was neccessary to get into the details since abuse is abuse. It just has different types.

Anyway, my point is that people are happy, or ignorant enough to generalise in a derogitory sense when it comes to Islam, but with other religions, thins are normally specified as being actions of a minority.

(05-26-2011, 06:16 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: But these priests are only interested in little boys?

Read this again, and you'll understand what I was doing.

(05-26-2011, 12:56 AM)SAFC link Wrote: Maybe there are some cases of ill treatment, but doesn't that happen with atheists, Christians, Jews, and other religions too? It's like me saying, catholic priests are only interested in abusing little boys. It's way too much of a generalisation because of an opinion formed solely on things presented by the media.