Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
Why dont the Quran or Bible say things straight out, compared to scientists who explain things as careful they can?
All these verses can mean so many things, including what you guys say, and what not.
Every verse can be interpreted different from every person, and those who want science into religion will obviously see that this verse fits perfectly for how the brain works.

"Scientists have only  discovered these functions of the prefrontal area in the last sixty years"
Nothing was discovered out from that verse either.
I want to know why people think there are 2 sides: science and religion.
Science doesn't entirely discredit religion and nor does religion do the same to science. They can fit perfectly together.

I'm pretty sure someone said in this topic or another that "people who try and make science fit with the bible are kidding themselves so it all makes sense"

As far as I'm aware, the bible is open to personal interpretation.

For example, the bible says that god created the world in 7 days.
Scientists say that the world was created by the big bang.

What's to say God didn't cause the big bang. No one ever said he picked up some clay and a paint brush, made a sphere and painted it blue and green, did they?
(04-22-2011, 11:11 AM)Danny link Wrote: For example, the bible says that god created the world in 7 days.
Scientists say that the world was created by the big bang.

What's to say God didn't cause the big bang. No one ever said he picked up some clay and a paint brush, made a sphere and painted it blue and green, did they?

Your point being? O.o
me no understand
Most people in this topic have either been siding with science or religion, I'm just pointing out that they're not really opposites.
People who side with science just don't believe in that sort of thing, hence why. I know I don't. To me, the whole religion thing (any religion really) is just bad fairytale-like story.
(04-22-2011, 11:44 AM)Danny link Wrote: Most people in this topic have either been siding with science or religion, I'm just pointing out that they're not really opposites.
true
An interesting video I found. I wonder how this will end: peacefully or with a chemical weapon one day destroying all the living.
Islam Revealed: Why They want to rule the World
Watching

Edit:
Very interesting video, worth the watch. Ty
(04-22-2011, 11:44 AM)Danny link Wrote: Most people in this topic have either been siding with science or religion, I'm just pointing out that they're not really opposites.

+1
My mother's a science teacher and brought me up as a catholic- yet if I believed in Creationism she would've made damn sure I knew about the theory of evolution.
You can be religious yet be deeply involved in science and side with all the things that actually make sense, plenty of atheists don't seem to believe that you don't have to believe 100% of the Bible in order to be a Christian.
(04-23-2011, 06:10 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: You can be religious yet be deeply involved in science and side with all the things that actually make sense, plenty of atheists don't seem to believe that you don't have to believe 100% of the Bible in order to be a Christian.

I agree with that, tho it havent come out like that in this topic.
Two of my friends i've grew up with are muslims and their whole family believes in God but they're still very modern people who doesnt follow the Quran in every way possible. They believe in God but has a much larger "perspective" or whatever over the science "part".

It's just that it's not those type of people that have come to this topic to argue.
I'm all up for 50% religious 50% science, to put it that way, but I dont like 100% religious people who just dont want to see things other ways. (This obviously goes for the 100% science people with the religious but this is my opinion)