Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
(04-14-2011, 08:54 PM)Maka link Wrote: Maybe this doesn't fully belong in here, but let's talk Turkey for a second: This particular country has problems. They want to join the EU, but in order to do that, you need to have a few rules. One of these rules is: to keep state and church separate. It's something they don't, and probably won't.

Stop talking bullshit, Maka. You know I like you, but this is just plain bullshit. Don't talk about politics if you have no idea.
Turkey is a secular state. Greece is NOT and yet Greece is an EU member.
Germany's leading party is the CDU. You know what it means? Christliche Demokratische Union. Christlich = Christian. AKP (leading party in Turkey) doesn't even have "Islam" in its name.

Seriously, we're not going to join EU ever. At least, that's what I and most of the Turkish people hope. I even hope that Turkey will quit NATO someday. We are sick of being "the (military) servants of the West". It's all about money. Why did NATO troops intervene in the war in Libya? Yes, the official reason was that Ghaddafi killed his own (civilian) people with bombs and what not. But that's the VERY SAME SHIT the Israeli troops have done to Palestinian, Syrian, Lebanese etc. The very same NATO troops have done to Iraqi and Afghani people in the past decade. The very same Russia has done to Chechnian people. And now you have the balls to fight in Libya? Guess what, there's a lot of oil waiting to support you at polluting our only environment: THE EARTH! Yay, more CO-2 emissions! Let me speculate further: Maybe the strongest militaries in the world have even invented a new environment friendlier technology that does not run on fossil fuels but as good as the current ones, or even better.

I also find it funny how <16 year old people argue whether alcohol is harmful or not. You guys (except TwD) seem to only think of violence if asked for the negative aspects of alcohol. Accidents is all I say.

This debate will go on for ages. It's just ridiculous how atheists have to defend themselves and attack religious people all the fucking time. Let's face it: Religious people think they are right, and so do atheists. Sometimes people forget that the freedom of speech is not the right to slander.
[me=Turkey]points to the most ignorant person on our board: Grim! Gratulations.[/me]

Quote:Believers, Jews, Sabaeans or Christians - whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does what is right - shall have nothing to fear or regret. [Quran Chapter 2 Verse 62]

Let me act like the ignorant person mentioned above. You have something to fear and regret! FEAR! Mark my words, buddies! You will so go to hell! :roll:

But hey, Allah (SWT) is the most merciful.

(debating on religions is a no go on an online board, it's always full of ignorant kiddies.)

And oh,

Quote:well, thats just stupid if u ask me, because they call themselves religious people but in the other hand, they dont even do what Religion tells them to do or break the rules..

there's a difference between practicing and believing.
Easy now Turkey, I can only say what I see. You're correct, I'm not interested in politics at all. I didn't mean anything bad on the country or whatever, it was mainly just to put a link to religion and what problems it brings.

On another note, this is what pisses me off then:

Quote:wereld oorlog 3 komt eraan mensen,,,,60 moslims landen zullen 1 worden,,,,jullie de EU en VS zijn al begonnen in afganistan en irak maar luister de 60 moslimlanden zullen 1 worden en dan moet je zien inshallah,,,,1 ummah,,1ghalief,1capital al quds,,,jeruzalem

Translated...

Quote:World War III is coming people. Sixty Muslim countries will become one. You, the EU and US have already started in Afghanistan and Iraq, but listen, the sixty Muslim countries will unite and then you'll see insallah, one ummah, one ghalief, one capital al quds, jeruzalem

Stuff like that.
(04-16-2011, 08:59 AM)Maka link Wrote: "It has led to? It's not the alcohol's fault. It's the people's fault if they abuse alcohol." - Now that kind of is the same.
In other words, again alcohol nearly always gets the blame.

Same point being made.

Nope, but you can find millions of morons who believe that is what is being said and should be done.

seriously? are you serious?
"It's the people's fault if they abuse alcohol"

yeh, the problem is that they don't know what the hell they are abusing right after consuming it, let's face reality, alcohol is good for nothing if you drink it.

(04-16-2011, 10:04 AM)Turkey link Wrote: I also find it funny how <16 year old people argue whether alcohol is harmful or not. You guys (except TwD) seem to only think of violence if asked for the negative aspects of alcohol. Accidents is all I say.

This debate will go on for ages. It's just ridiculous how atheists have to defend themselves and attack religious people all the fucking time. Let's face it: Religious people think they are right, and so do atheists. Sometimes people forget that the freedom of speech is not the right to slander.

[...]

And oh,

there's a difference between practicing and believing.

+1

Quote:Sixty Muslim countries will become one. listen, the sixty Muslim countries will unite and then you'll see insallah, one ummah, one ghalief, one capital al quds, jeruzalem

Inshallah...

btw: one Khalifa*
(04-16-2011, 10:21 AM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: seriously? are you serious?
"It's the people's fault if they abuse alcohol"

yeh, the problem is that they don't know what the hell they are abusing right after consuming it, let's face reality, alcohol is good for nothing if you drink it.

+1

Inshallah...

btw: one Khalifa*

So what about the people who've abused religion then? You still get the same output basically. I think it's pretty damn clear if people who drink know what they're abusing. The problem is, you're blaming alcohol for incidents you don't even need alcohol for at all. Not saying there aren't incidents out there that don't occur due to alcohol (car crashes, for example). It's like you want to murder someone and will do that once you've got your mind to that point, but drink alcohol after that, before taking off to commit that crime. Are people going to blame the alcohol for that then too?

Also, TwistedDemon, it's no use correcting me because that text is copied from a response to a video on Youtube.
If the Muslim world is kept oppressed, this is what will happen. But the Qur'an strictly and clearly tells us that we shall not attack first, only defend ourselves. Since the Qur'an and the Bible have predicted this final event, I can not deny that it will happen. Both speak of Jesus (PBUH) descending and fighting (a long with his company) the anti-christ.

Chechen & Afghani / Waziri Mujahideen - Why They Fight (1 of 5)
Fast forward to 12:48. Even the righteous mujahideen that are portrayed as terrorists speak of selfdefence only.
(04-16-2011, 01:29 AM)SAFC link Wrote: Why are you generalising when you've got no way at all to prove it?

You're just being told what to believe by the media, rather than challenging it, or challenging yourself to learn facts before having a debate about something.

Religious idiots.

No, its the truth. Ill give you proof later.
(04-16-2011, 10:39 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: Religious idiots.

No, its the truth. Ill give you proof later.
(04-16-2011, 10:32 AM)Turkey link Wrote: If the Muslim world is kept oppressed, this is what will happen. But the Qur'an strictly and clearly tells us that we shall not attack first, only defend ourselves. Since the Qur'an and the Bible have predicted this final event, I can not deny that it will happen. Both speak of Jesus (PBUH) descending and fighting (a long with his company) the anti-christ.

LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE KURDS

The muslims & religion oppress nothing but themselves.
(04-16-2011, 10:04 AM)Turkey link Wrote: [me=Turkey]points to the most ignorant person on our board: Grim! Gratulations.[/me]

Are you fucking retarded? Have you even read half of this thread?
Like.. really??

(04-16-2011, 10:04 AM)Turkey link Wrote: Let me act like the ignorant person mentioned above. You have something to fear and regret! FEAR! Mark my words, buddies! You will so go to hell! :roll:

What..? I think you might have missunderstood something very badly here.

There are 30 pages here and you just made ur first post and u come to the conclusion that im the most ignorant person here, way to go. I seriously doubt u have read every post in these 30 pages in and out to find out whos the most ignorant person.
I'd say u've read the last 5 pages where I havent exactly been very constructive.
TwistedDemon stop being ignorant and accuse Christianity like that, you dont even know what our Religion states and its about logic. i hope ur religion seriously doesnt state the "facts" u provided, because they are VERY VERY + VERY strange:

(04-14-2011, 01:29 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: i know where u found this.

Cannabis was used 12 ways: clothing, paper, cord, sails, fishnet, oil, sealant, incense, food, and in ceremony, relaxation and medicine. For so the Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

Jesus and the """drugs,drinks"""

"Yet the simple joys of drinking were also sung. He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth. (Psalm 104:14-15)" - wrong interpretation son, wrong interpretation.

"..../For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Paul: Romans 14:14,17)/"

"It was God who created cannabis hemp and told mankind to use "every green herb" on Earth. The Bible speaks of mercy, healing and a persecution of God's children. They persecute me wrongfully; help thou me. (Psalms 119:86) Prisons and drug wars do not save souls. The Lord… hath sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to them that are bound. (Isaiah 61:1)"

00Target00, go on give the truth.. You can tell how many times u tried. like 4 pages i stated what religion ur seeing,talking about and obviously it was true, History DOES NOT lie, proved events. :)

what i provided were scientific evidences that led to Theory, without theories there is no science so you cant say it isnt accurate.

about religion(Christianity), i provided historical events that DID happen and were proven to be real. if you still blame religion then i dont know what religion are you talking about at all..  (im talking about Christianity here, not Muslims since Christianity does have back-ups as in Old Christianity, i dont really know about muslims)
Turkey, it's not only "If they attack us first, we attack them". Some of you guys are paranoid with your religion.

Is a cartoon, which shows Mohammad in a bear costume for a minute, an attack towards Muslims? Was it necessary to threat Matt Stone and Trey Parker?

Are some simple caricatures of Mohammad in Danish newspaper also are threats? Was it necessary to kill dozens of people?

Is a book, written by Theo van Gogh (a relative of the great artist Vincent van Gogh) also an attack? Was it necessary to shoot him on the street, stab a knife into his chest and leave an offensive note?