Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Battlefield 3
(01-20-2011, 05:57 AM)Flyby link Wrote:I think the sense of atmosphere created in BFBC2 is unmatched in any other multiplayer game of its type with sound, visuals and worlds reaction to the player (destruction) working so well with one another. It won't obviously hold a candle to previous games in regards to content (maps, size, player count and etc.,) but I thought it was a great game to play.

I can't believe i forgot the sound effects. OMG the sound effects are incredible in BC2, just incredible :)
Battlefield 3 - Teaser Trailer

On facebook: "Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!"

O+
(01-19-2011, 07:33 AM)cloakster link Wrote: You liked 2142? What about it did you like?
The mechs, knife battles and the style of the whole thing really, i'd take a futuristic game over modern warfare any day of the week 8)
I just came!

Quote:Feel The Battle! This fall, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite 2 gaming engine.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Features:
• Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

• Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

• Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

• Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

[Image: BF3_2D00_packshots3.png]

[Image: twitter_bf3_reveal-1.jpg]
Looks the same as the BC2 guy.

Looks like it's gonna be pretty interesting. And awesome, of course.
EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC. fuck i cant wait !!
no bullshit WW2 crap and that frostbite engine z0omg

This is not official, but it pretty seems like it will be soon.

[Image: limitededbf3.jpg?t=1296869765]

The writing in the bottom corner reads:
Quote:This themed expansion pack features four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imaged with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction, and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. For those who don't pre-order to secure the Limited Edition, Battlefield 3:Back to Karkand Expansion content will be available for purchase approximately one month after the game's release.

Im pre-ordering tomorrow :)
This is so going to rape Project Reality! Can't wait for the first ingame scenes.  _O_

The idea of setting New York as a scenario sounds like a rip off from Crysis 2, though. :+

@ Cloaky

Battlefield 3 will be released in fall 2011 and not in automn 2011?!  :o
Yea wow Crysis 2 is gonna be so badass too, cant wait xD BF3 + Crysis 2 ftwtwt
(02-05-2011, 11:33 AM)Turkey link Wrote: Battlefield 3 will be released in fall 2011 and not in automn 2011?!  :o
Afaik the only difference between fall and autumn is that one of them is British and the other is American. :+

This game looks really awesome. And considering the awesomeness of pretty much every Battlefield game, I'll most likely get this.