Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Should drivebying in the drivers seat be completely disabled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
41.88%
49 41.88%
No
58.12%
68 58.12%
Total 117 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Driveby: Your opinion
(03-25-2011, 10:29 AM)Xover link Wrote: sTriKer none says that Driveby is good, and ofcourse everyone should learn to fight even drivebyers but if DriveBy gets disabled it will be the same as remove a part of gta gameplay... Yes its annoying when you got killed by Drivebyer but i think that this thing should stay. :)

just my opinion if you don't like it your problem!
The vote has not determined an outcome yet, given that the answers are too close together.

I think that there are pros and cons. Maybe we should look into disabling drive-by for certain areas of the game, to make sure that they don't get involved with normal deathmatch too much.
(09-25-2011, 11:59 PM)Russell link Wrote: The vote has not determined an outcome yet, given that the answers are too close together.

I think that there are pros and cons. Maybe we should look into disabling drive-by for certain areas of the game, to make sure that they don't get involved with normal deathmatch too much.

The results were very distantly apart long ago, also this topic is fairly old and the results are pretty cluttered between older players who probably don't even play here anymore. Best option I would say is make a new topic and do a recount.

[Edit] I would say let the new poll run for~... a week? Just to be able to close the answer off, instead of letting it run for a year.
(01-24-2011, 09:15 PM)SAFC link Wrote: have the drivers health reduced by the amount they removed from the player, as soon as they press F to exit the vehicle.

Simple to do, and effective.
alot of people vote but they barely play,including fight.
I saw a idea in the third page I guess,why not start putting those idea in the game if it's possible and see how things go?
(01-24-2011, 09:15 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Or, have the drivers health reduced by the amount they removed from the player, as soon as they press F to exit the vehicle.

Simple to do, and effective.
This is a good suggestion..

but idk if im right or wrong but what if a Player(on foot) got like 60 health

and a Db'er(with full health and armor) comes and Db him.. it' wont make a difference,,,

so.. how about this..
we can make it like this that if a Db'er dbs a Person he'll have the same health(equalized by script[if possible]) as the Player on foot(even if he's in vehicle or left vehicle after some damage done by Db) even if he had 100hp n on foot guy had 60 hp. both will be equalized (armor will be removed from Dber if any[only if on foot guy had no armor]) to make it a fair fight.. this way Db wont be effective anymore..
(09-26-2011, 12:11 AM)xBlueXFoxx link Wrote: The results were very distantly apart long ago, also this topic is fairly old and the results are pretty cluttered between older players who probably don't even play here anymore. Best option I would say is make a new topic and do a recount.

[Edit] I would say let the new poll run for~... a week? Just to be able to close the answer off, instead of letting it run for a year.

Differences over a very small number of samples are very rarely representative of the opinion of hundreds of players. The ones most active on the server will visit this forum with a higher frequency than the rest of the players, so a week would be too short. A month at the very least. I think it may be a good time to start making a decision here.
LVP is not a huge 65,000 player community like the home page says, LVP has about 50-80 active members, a lot of the people who voted on this poll most likely are just active on these forums and not ever play in LVP. This topic is old and the results are well battered, a new topic with a recount would give a much more definitive result.
(09-28-2011, 06:48 AM)xBlueXFoxx link Wrote: LVP is not a huge 65,000 player community like the home page says, LVP has about 50-80 active members, a lot of the people who voted on this poll most likely are just active on these forums and not ever play in LVP. This topic is old and the results are well battered, a new topic with a recount would give a much more definitive result.

The number of registered and active players definitely are different, I do not disagree with you on that. Nonetheless, the server has a lot more active players than you state. There are two types of active players: the ones who chat a lot, play in a visible manner and participate in out-game communication as well. The other type are the silent players who you barely notice. They are only active on the server itself, very rarely talk and just enjoy their time together. I'd estimate that we have about 450 unique players per week, about 250 of which are registered.
Yes, disable it. As I said in the thread regarding carparking, it's a silly bug that serves no purpose other than to degrade gameplay value and allow those that value the winning over the playing to ruin it for the people that actually want to play the game.
db is uniqe part of GTA san andreas as THE GAME