Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

what religion do u believe in
im not sure if i appreciate ur condescending talk about goats and hariy faggots mr deatheater, every human needs something to believe in, whats so wrong believing in a religion then
(12-10-2010, 02:30 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: im not sure if i appreciate ur condescending talk about goats and hariy faggots mr deatheater, every human needs something to believe in, whats so wrong believing in a religion then
yea, everyone has to believe in something. DeathEater,  If I believe in Jesus, that doesn't make me a pussy, I don't even know what your point is. Not that I cry out to Jesus for help or anything, I wasn't in confession for years, in Church either.

On Topic, I am Roman Catholic.
Quote:Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
I don't believe in a certain god, but as long as nobody can tell me how the Universe was created, I believe that there is something bigger than just stars and galaxies. (When you tell me that "in the beginning there was a big bang", then I would like to ask you where did this big bang come from when there was no room/space..as far as I know, everything in this world is inside something else. I think that human beings know way too little about the Universe to understand anything at all.)
Quote:True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
I don't believe in books that I've no evidence of that they were written/inspired by god. If there is a god and he wants me to know about his existence, he will tell me so. I would never obey a god that would let me waste my life on believing such things without any evidence.

I hope I didn't fail with the HTML-tags as usual.

I don't judge anybody that disagrees and I hope that they don't judge me either.

(Reading the messages below, I wont discuss anything on this topic, because nothing good would come out of it anyways)I will post stuff to specify my own views only.
There is already lots of proof.
(12-10-2010, 02:36 PM)Gibbs link Wrote: I would never obey a god that would let me waste my life on believing such things without any evidence.

I personally disagree. The way I see it, if you spend your life believing in god, and there is nothing after death, then you haven't wasted your life because it leads to nothing anyway. If there is something after death, then you've not wasted your life either.

But if you don't believe in god, then you have wasted your life if there is something after death.
Well said danny.
(12-10-2010, 02:51 PM)Danny link Wrote: But if you don't believe in god, then you have wasted your life if there is something after death.
If you don't believe in god, and there is life after death, who says that you're not going to be apart of that? So does it matter then whether you believe in it or not?
If by that you mean't something like "if you don't believe in god, then there will be no life after death for you", then if god doesn't prove me he's there and doesn't give me afterlife because of that, then I wouldn't really care. I wouldn't wanna be in my "afterlife" when god would be so ignorant. (Just not giving me another life [or whatever good stuff there could be] because I didn't believe in him when there was absolutely no solid proof of his existence).
(12-10-2010, 02:26 PM)Danny link Wrote: And don't say it wasn't racism, because religious discrimination is a form of racism.

No, it's not. One does not have to be a specific race to be of a certain religion.

Religion =/= Race.

Personally, I am abstinent when it comes to religion.
Ateo
(12-10-2010, 12:36 PM)Rien link Wrote: Atheism yo.