Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

what religion do u believe in
This topic shouldn't have been made and it defines perfectly why I never allowed such talk in the main chat when I was an administrator in-game. All it turns into is a nonstop "You're wrong, I'm right" shitfest. You arrogant atheists who think you know everything, stop being such jackasses, step off your pedestal, and realize that you don't know shit regardless of what science may say. Note, I'm not saying that all atheists are arrogant jackasses, just those who decide they have nothing better to do than to try to disprove religion. Religion has done many wondrous things for humanity just like science has. Yes, religion has been the cause of (mostly due to misinterpretations) very violent wars and other tragedies, but let's not forget all the biochemical weaponry and nuclear waste brought about by science. Both sides have truly meaningful reasons for existing, so why pester it? Why are both sides trying so desperately to get the other to forfeit their beliefs (or lack thereof)? In my own experience, it's mostly angry, pissed off atheists who want to convince the religious folks to abandon their "God" and join the Nothingness Side. However, this isn't to say that all religious folks never attempt to persuade atheists and even people of other faiths to convert (hello, Ask a Mormon online chat).

In any regard, my point is that science and religion need to stop being enemies and focus more on working together. Am I suggesting science stop investigating the universe? Absolutely not! I have my own beliefs on the matter, sure, but so long as people like, well, most of you in this thread aren't shitting on another's beliefs, I'm fine with it. Honestly, it's ignorant people (of both atheist and theist [even deist] beliefs) who are the ones making this world a worse place. There's nothing wrong with following your faith (and stick by it, you guys), nor is there anything wrong with atheism (bash the so-called God all you want, guys) or even an agnostic (you're the real smart ones, admitting you don't know shit). All that matters is that you fucking respect each other for whatever the other side may believe. Seriously, fucking grow up.

I'm out.
Quote:Nemesis link=topic=27203.msg361061#msg361061 date=1292016849]
This was the deal sealer for my athiesm'ness, the fact that The Devil, probably the meanest motherfucker in the bible right? was actually an angel, an arch angel to be exact, and was sent down for this
Not really sure if any of its accurate, don't care either, this is just one of the many reasons I chose to be Athiest anyway

Satan's mere presence in Christianity stops me from believing it. Jehovah is said to be all-perfect yet Satan is a good example of His imperfection.

I'm not a complete non-believer, though.
(12-10-2010, 10:38 PM)Munch link Wrote: Satan's mere presence in Christianity stops me from believing it. Jehovah is said to be all-perfect yet Satan is a good example of his imperfection.

I'm not a complete non-believer, though.

Agreed, though I see it as he created something, everything about it (Lucifer), and then when it questions his/her/its command to bow down to inferior beings (Satan>Human Race, admit it) he/she/it cast Lucifer/Satan down, gg

I see it as a story, but I see Johova, or God, as the bad guy here, if any of you were angels, would you BOW DOWN to the human race? I wouldn't as it is, let alone if I were the bringer of light
(12-10-2010, 10:36 PM)TEF™ link Wrote: This topic shouldn't have been made and it defines perfectly why I never allowed such talk in the main chat when I was an administrator in-game. All it turns into is a nonstop "You're wrong, I'm right" shitfest. You arrogant atheists who think you know everything, stop being such jackasses, step off your pedestal, and realize that you don't know shit regardless of what science may say. Note, I'm not saying that all atheists are arrogant jackasses, just those who decide they have nothing better to do than to try to disprove religion. Religion has done many wondrous things for humanity just like science has. Yes, religion has been the cause of (mostly due to misinterpretations) very violent wars and other tragedies, but let's not forget all the biochemical weaponry and nuclear waste brought about by science. Both sides have truly meaningful reasons for existing, so why pester it? Why are both sides trying so desperately to get the other to forfeit their beliefs (or lack thereof)? In my own experience, it's mostly angry, pissed off atheists who want to convince the religious folks to abandon their "God" and join the Nothingness Side. However, this isn't to say that all religious folks never attempt to persuade atheists and even people of other faiths to convert (hello, Ask a Mormon online chat).

In any regard, my point is that science and religion need to stop being enemies and focus more on working together. Am I suggesting science stop investigating the universe? Absolutely not! I have my own beliefs on the matter, sure, but so long as people like, well, most of you in this thread aren't shitting on another's beliefs, I'm fine with it. Honestly, it's ignorant people (of both atheist and theist [even deist] beliefs) who are the ones making this world a worse place. There's nothing wrong with following your faith (and stick by it, you guys), nor is there anything wrong with atheism (bash the so-called God all you want, guys) or even an agnostic (you're the real smart ones, admitting you don't know shit). All that matters is that you fucking respect each other for whatever the other side may believe. Seriously, fucking grow up.

I'm out.
The thing is that science and religion can't always go together. There are too many aspects that cross each other, that deny each other (like how scientists can investigate Universe if almost every bigger religion denies most of the discoveries/theories made). There's a side which says truth and side which doesn't say truth.
Most of the times science is on the first side (which says the truth) - it's based on arguments which have been proven by the very same science. And religion? It doesn't have any weighty arguments about most of the questions. Religion is created by humans for humans. I am not against the people who believe in God - I just want people to know the truth.
His post might be a bit  biased but it's still true.

I dont have anything against people believeing in a God if they want to, I just have something against those who deny everything science says.